SimplyPats User Forum

SimplyPats Portable Appliance Testing Software
It is currently Thu Nov 15, 2018 12:05 pm

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post subject: Amending Test Codes
PostPosted: Wed May 09, 2018 12:09 pm 

I have been trying to amend test codes to Assets already on the system. I have found this can be done with the bulk replace option, but only when 2 or more devices are selected. Is there a way of doing this with only 1 device?

Also is it possible to show the test code in the columns on the main screen?

Thanks in advance

Gareth

Post subject: Re: Amending Test Codes
PostPosted: Wed May 09, 2018 1:05 pm 
Site Admin

Hi Gareth

As you probably already know, there are two Bulk Replace screens; one Bulk Replacing data where the user has manually selected two or more Appliances (Bulk Replace Selected), and one which allows for the bulk replace of X with Y on all Appliances in the current data file (Bulk Replace).

For the benefit of anyone else reading, both are available from the File Menu > Tools > Bulk Replace option.
The Bulk Replace Selected by its very design would require that more than one appliance is selected. Also the Bulk Replace Test Code option is currently only available on this screen and not the Bulk Replace screen, adding the Bulk Replace of the Test Code X to Test Code Y on the Bulk Replace screen would not help in your instance, as you want to change the test Code of an individual Appliance.

I think in this instance, we would look at making the Test Code entry under the Extended Info area on the Right Editable, which would then allow you to edit the Test Code of a single Appliance.

We will have a look at adding this to the Version 7.1.2 update due for release later this year (V7.1.1 was only released last week), but I am sure we can get a BETA out to you before that.

Out of interest, was the data you changing the current Test Codes on downloaded or imported from a PAT Tester, or is this external data imported from some other source?

Regards Carl

PostPosted: Wed May 09, 2018 2:10 pm 

Hi Carl,

Thanks for the reply.

Yes making the area on the right editable would be really useful. The test codes were download from a Megger 420.

Is it also possible to have the test codes appear as a column in the main area, as this would be a lot easier to see and edit.

Thanks

Gareth

PostPosted: Wed May 09, 2018 4:51 pm 
Site Admin

Hi Gareth

We will make the Test Code editable on the Right Hand Side and look at including the Test Code column in the Main Grid, however that may require a bit more code and testing given that would impact other settings.

Carl

PostPosted: Wed May 09, 2018 4:55 pm 

Thanks for that. Let me know if you need me to do any testing.

PostPosted: Wed May 09, 2018 8:42 pm 
Site Admin

Hi Gareth

I have made some changes to the Extended Information Window on the Right Hand side of the main SimplyPats screen this evening to allow you to edit the Test Code field.

This will allow you to edit individual test codes rather than using the bulk replace screen which doesnt allow the editing of a Single Record.

I will look at adding the test code to the main grid at a later time although on first look this will be more complex. For example in the System Settings screen Main Screen tab there are options for hiding columns displayed in the main grid and this would also need to be re coded to cope with the additional field.

Tomorow we will to a bit of testing on the change I have made and then do a Beta build of SimplyPats 7.1.2 which includes this change so that you can use the feature.

We will send you an email when the Beta is ready.

Regards, Richard.

PostPosted: Wed May 09, 2018 8:47 pm 

Hi Richard,

Many thanks for your swift work on this, it'll certainly make editing our database a lot easier.

Gareth

PostPosted: Wed May 09, 2018 8:50 pm 
Site Admin

No problems Gareth,

Will do some testing tomorow and all being well do a beta build.

Regards, Richard.