SimplyPats User Forum

SimplyPats Portable Appliance Testing Software
It is currently Fri Dec 15, 2017 6:53 pm

All times are UTC [ DST ]

PostPosted: Mon Apr 06, 2015 6:01 am 

Using V7 (7.9.5)

Noticed that clamp test readings (typically required when testing three phase appliances) are no displaying in the reports - Fails, Passes & Fails Simplified Pass / Fail etc.

I think there used to be a tick box used select something like "switch Flash ma for clamp test" or some way to have the clamp tests appear.

Need to have clamp tests in my reports. Help! :)

PostPosted: Tue Apr 07, 2015 12:34 pm 
Site Admin

Hi John

We can have a look at this for you, can you list the exact Test and Tag Reports do you want the Clamp Results to appear on for us please, as we may supply you with a set of custom reports instead of adding a tick box option.

Also, out of interest which Tester are you using?

Regards Carl

PostPosted: Tue Apr 07, 2015 10:56 pm 

Thank you Carl,

Using Metrel Beta & Sigma Pats

When testing three phase equipment 99.99% of the time the clamp test is required, so the readings need to be accessed.

They are captured within SimplyPats and previous versions allowed it to be included in the reports.

So the short answer is in any report that displays the actual readings.

In the original format reports I use typically use Fails, Passes, Passes and Fails.

I see it does appear in some of the V2 format reports but due to the layout of these that result in copious pages of reports being produced I rarely use these.

Maybe for future reports, the use could select which readings are to be displayed as some of the default readings are not used and only serve to clutter the report ie sub leakage, flash etc

:D

PostPosted: Wed Apr 08, 2015 8:10 am 
Site Admin

Thanks for the clarification John, we will look into this and come up with a solution for you.

In the mean time, is there any chance you can email me a SimplyPats PAT Data file containing a number of assets with Clamp Results please?

Regards Carl

PostPosted: Wed Apr 08, 2015 3:56 pm 
Site Admin

Hi John

Many thanks for sending your Test and Tag Data File, it was of great help.

I have managed to include the Clamp Data in the V2 Passes and Fails Report, but due to the amount of data already on that report I have put the Appliance or Asset Description on a line below the Id, please let me know if this is ok as each Appliance now takes up an additional line.

I have emailed you the Custom Report together with install instructions.

If installed correctly you should notice a “Use Custom Report” tick box option on the Print Results screen when choosing the “V2 Passes and Fails” Test and Tag Report from the Preview Report drop down menu. Unticking this option will re-load the original “V2 Passes and Fails” Report.

Regards Carl

PostPosted: Fri Apr 10, 2015 4:10 pm 
Site Admin

Hi John

Thanks for the email with regards to the Custom Test and Tag Report I sent which included the Clamp Test Data. I can understand your concern with regards to the volume of paper used now that I added an additional line, I just assumed that you were using the V2 Report and not the original one as you have now mentioned.

I have re-worked the original Passes and Fail Report (Version 1 if you like) to include the Clamp Test Data while also making some minor changes to the layout and fonts used.

ill await your response with regards to its usability.

Carl