SimplyPats User Forum

SimplyPats Portable Appliance Testing Software
It is currently Tue Oct 16, 2018 9:00 am

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post subject: SimplyPats Version 7
PostPosted: Tue Mar 24, 2015 10:22 pm 

Good Evening All.

Manual Input into Version 7

Having used Version 6 for several years I have just started using Version 7 on my Netbook whilst inspecting & testing on site and would like to offer the following observations for consideration please.

1. I use the tab & shift+tab keys to navigate through the screens when inputting data. Would it be possible to have the cursor running down the columns as opposed to across the rows for the Result Limit Status Boxes?
2. For inputting the class of appliance could we use the numeric keys (as we can for fuse rating selection) as opposed to the cursor keys or drop down box. I think it would be quicker to use key 1 for class 1 and key 2 for class 11, certainly these being the most popular class of appliance inspected & tested.
3. Could the Customer address panel on invoices be moved to the left hand panel (as it is in Version 6) to align with the use of standard DL window envelopes?

Hope the will be of interest.

And-------------
A huge thank you to all at SimplyPats for the excellent and consistent customer service and support. Without this I would still be using pen and paper. It is a big move to start using I T out on site whist inspecting and testing. SimplyPats is a major feature of my business with clients continually expressing delight and thanks for the way in which I can promptly present plain language PAT Test records which are of course far more than lists of meter readings they are also a precise asset track and having had 2 clients suffer major office fires these records are invaluable in times of need. On both occasions I could quickly provide PDF copies of records for the loss adjusters thereby speeding up the claims procedures for all parties.

Best regards

Neil

Post subject: Re: SimplyPats Version 7
PostPosted: Wed Mar 25, 2015 1:31 pm 
Site Admin

Hi Neil

First of all many thanks for your positive feedback, it is very much appreciated by us.

Regarding your suggestions:

Quote:
3. Could the Customer address panel on invoices be moved to the left hand panel (as it is in Version 6) to align with the use of standard DL window envelopes?

Yep no problem with this, Carl has been working on a custom invoice report for you which will have the Invoicee address to appear in the window of a DL envelope. Unfortunately when we redesigned the Invoice printout in Version 7 (to make it prettier) we forgot the fact we had designed the previous incarnation to work with windowed envelopes!

Quote:
2. For inputting the class of appliance could we use the numeric keys (as we can for fuse rating selection) as opposed to the cursor keys or drop down box. I think it would be quicker to use key 1 for class 1 and key 2 for class 11, certainly these being the most popular class of appliance inspected & tested.

I will have a look at this but it makes perfect sense. In the list box the classes are listed as I and II (eye and eye eye) so it doesn't pick up the correct class by pressing 1 or 2 on the keyboard. Hopefully I will be able to fix this.

Quote:
1. I use the tab & shift+tab keys to navigate through the screens when inputting data. Would it be possible to have the cursor running down the columns as opposed to across the rows for the Result Limit Status Boxes?

No technical problem with this either. In fact the TAB and SHIFT+TAB used to cycle through the fields running down the columns rather than across the rows, however I know a previous user requested us to have them run across the rows rather than down the columns.

I may have to add a tick box in the Settings screen to allow both directions of travel, otherwise other users expecting their preferred way might want it changed back again.

We will get on the case and hopefully point 3 and 2 will be sorted asap. Point 1 might take a bit more thinking by me.

Regards, Richard.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 25, 2015 2:09 pm 
Site Admin

Neil wrote:

Of course, the image below shows the changes applied to the Custom Invoice Report... The changes detailed below will not change the default Portable Appliance Testing Invoice included with SimplyPats Version 7, but is available as an additional optional Report on request.

Custom PAT Invoice report with changes to show Address when using Windowed DL Envelopes

I have had to hide the Customer Address on the Invoice leaving the Invoicee Address only. As the two addresses were next to each other, both were viewable through the envelope window.

The Invoicee Address will always be the same as the Customer Address if the Invoicee Address has not been entered under the Customers > Invoicee Details Screen.

If you do need two addresses we would need to look at including the Customer address somewhere else.

I have sent the Custom PAT Invoice Report to you via email, you will need to save this Report to your SimplyPats Report Folder which you will find in the following path:

C:\Users\YOUR USER NAME\AppData\Local\RSR Systems\SimplyPats7\Reports

Attachment:
File comment: PAT Testing Invoice - SimplyPats
PAT-Testing-Invoice.jpg
PAT-Testing-Invoice.jpg [ 93.85 KiB | Viewed 2074 times ]

PostPosted: Thu Mar 26, 2015 1:48 pm 
Site Admin

Hi Neil

Just to keep you updated.

I have managed to update the code for the Manual Entry screen. Now when you are in the Class drop down, pressing 1 on the keyboard will select I (class 1) and pressing 2 will select II (class 2).

(I have also programmed it to select III by pressing 3)

Thanks for the suggestion, it's much more logical to be able to quick select the class in this way.

This addition will be in the 7.0.6 update due later this year, however if you want a beta build in the meantime then please let me know. Of course I will be having a look at the TAB and SHIFT TAB order mentioned in your point 3 above.

Regards, Richard

PostPosted: Thu Mar 26, 2015 8:33 pm 

Thanks Richard

At last I feel I have done something for you guy's instead of Carl doing everything for me!!

Regards

Neil

PostPosted: Wed Apr 01, 2015 3:35 pm 
Site Admin

Hi Neil

I have been investigating your 1st Request

Quote:

I wanted to come up with an option that would allow existing users who wanted the TAB order to remain running across the columns to be happy whilst allowing you to have the tab order running down the columns. I hope I have a solution for this and will try and program it in the next few days.

I think your other requests 2 and 3 hopefully should be resolved. Once I have dealt with issue 1 above i will do a beta build that you can try.

Regards, Richard.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 07, 2015 2:42 pm 
Site Admin

Hi Neil

I have added a new tick box to the Manual Entry section of the System Settings screen.

Attachment:
File comment: Tab Order Of SimplyPats Manual Entry PAT Testing Screen
Manually_Entering_PAT_Results.jpg
Manually_Entering_PAT_Results.jpg [ 29.29 KiB | Viewed 2037 times ]

This will allow you to set the TAB (and SHIFT TAB) order of the Test Results and Limits section of the Manual Entry screen to proceed up and down the columns rather than across the rows.

You will need to tick the box (shown above) in order to get the Vertical movement. By default it is set to Horizontal so that any existing SimplyPats users who are used to it being that way will not be affected.

I haven't extended the tab order to the least commonly used tests (clamp, flash etc) but can do so if required.

I will do a beta build of 7.0.6 later today or tomorrow so that you can give it a try.

Regards, Richard