SimplyPats User Forum

SimplyPats Portable Appliance Testing Software
It is currently Sat May 26, 2018 10:26 pm

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post subject: Retests calendar
PostPosted: Fri Mar 13, 2015 9:36 pm 

When using the retests calendar is it possible to print a list off all the months/weeks retest information? I know how to print the calendar view but it does not show the contact detail etc. I would like to be able to print a list off all this months retests along with contact information and number of tests so I can call the customers and tick them off one by one as currently if a customer does not answer the phone or asked you to call back on another day I have no way of making a note of this and its hard to keep track of who I have called.

Post subject: Re: Retests calendar
PostPosted: Sun Mar 15, 2015 9:47 pm 
Site Admin

Hi ryanfacer

Quote:
I would like to be able to print a list off all this months retests along with contact information and number of tests so I can call the customers and tick them off one by one

This sounds like a great idea. I have had a quick look over the weekend and it may be easier for me to add this to the Review Customers screen rather than the Retests Calendar.

I assume you want the list to include Contact Name and Phone number?

I will put this on the to do list for the next update 7.0.6 which hopefully will be released within the next couple of months.

Regards, Richard.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 15, 2015 10:03 pm 

Hi, yes contact name, email and phone number along with number of items tested and due date would be good.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 17, 2015 1:56 pm 
Site Admin

Hi ryanfacer

I have been modifying the code for the Review Customers screen so that the print out contains the contact details as you requested. See below.

There are a few technical issues which I need to address, however I hope this modification will be in the next update 7.0.6. Once I have completed the work and done some testing you are welcome to trial a beta version if you don't wish to wait for the release of the 7.0.6 update.

Attachments:
File comment: Pat Testing Review Customers
pat testing review customers with contact details.jpg
pat testing review customers with contact details.jpg [ 21.5 KiB | Viewed 2176 times ]

PostPosted: Tue Mar 17, 2015 10:43 pm 

Thats great, I appreciate that and would be grateful to try the beta. Also I am not sure if it is a bug or not but when I go to the review customer screen and select "find retests from" no matter what dates I enter it does not seem to work? I still get a list off all my customers?

PostPosted: Tue Mar 17, 2015 10:50 pm 

Also unrelated to the above I have been experimenting using OneDrive to store my simplypats files so I can access one database from my desktop pc in the office and my tablet while on-site and it works great except the retest calendar which throws up a error message both on my desktop and tablet? Do you have any ideas what that could be?

PostPosted: Wed Mar 18, 2015 12:06 pm 
Site Admin

ryanfacer wrote:
Also I am not sure if it is a bug or not but when I go to the review customer screen and select "find retests from" no matter what dates I enter it does not seem to work? I still get a list off all my customers?

Hi Ryan

I have emailed you a link to the latest Version 7.0.6 BETA which will install over the top of the update I also sent earlier.

This will include the Contact Details on the Report as requested by yourself and also changes to the way the "Find Retests From" feature works on the Review Customers Screen as referred to above.

Regards Carl

PostPosted: Wed Mar 18, 2015 1:05 pm 
Site Admin

ryanfacer wrote:
Also unrelated to the above I have been experimenting using OneDrive to store my simplypats files so I can access one database from my desktop pc in the office and my tablet while on-site and it works great except the retest calendar which throws up a error message both on my desktop and tablet? Do you have any ideas what that could be?

This may be a connectivity issue with regards to access to the OneDrive Server, just double check you have access to the server before opening the Review Customers screen.

I have setup my OneDrive on each machine to sync data locally, this uses a local folder on your PC or Device to store the data which is then synced with the OneDrive Server as and when files are created or edited. I set my default SimplyPats Data Folder to my local OneDrive Folder on my PC or Tablet, this way it's not trying to connect with the OneDrive Server. When I Edit or create new Data Files or PDF PAT Reports SimplyPats saves these to my local OneDrive Folder, they are then automatically uploaded to the OneDrive Server when an internet connection is available.

When I connect to the OneDrive Server using a different device, that device also syncs and downloads any new files or updates files that have been edited.

I originally setup a Microsoft OneDrive account to see if it was viable solution to store PAT Testing Data on a Cloud Server, the main principles of this solution were:

> To have access to my PAT Testing Data via SimplyPats running on my Desktop PC which is office based.
    > To have access to my PAT testing Data via SimplyPats running on my Windows based Tablet such as a Microsoft Surface Pro 3 while out on site.
    > To keep multiple backups of my PAT Testing Data.
    > To Allow me to download my PAT Testing data from my PAT Tester onsite using the full version of SimplyPats running on my Windows based tablet.
    > To generate PDF PAT Reports onsite and make them available online so the customer had access and were able to view their PAT Test Reports instantly.
    > To use the automatic invoice feature within SimplyPats to generate an Invoice for PAT testing work carried out and also make that available along with the PAT Test Reports.

Its certainly a viable solution for those that want to experiment with this type of technology. The PAT testing Data files created by SimplyPats are easily manageable as far as file size goes, and can easily be uploaded/downloaded to PC/Server/Device etc. Its also a great way to let your customers access their Electrical Inspection and Testing Reports or PAT Testing Certification online in PDF format.

I did a short guide on Cloud Storage for your SimplyPats Data Files and PAT Reports here viewtopic.php?f=64&t=950

Regards Carl

PostPosted: Wed Mar 18, 2015 5:05 pm 
Site Admin

Hi Ryan

I understand Carl has sent you a link to the Beta Version of 7.0.6 today (18th March 2015), that included the contact details of the customer on the printed report from the Review Customers screen.

In your reply I think you wished to see the full address for the customer not just address line 1. I will have a look at including the full address on the report (and probably in the Review Customers screen also) and with luck should have another beta build for you tomorrow.

Regards, Richard.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 19, 2015 1:45 pm 

Thats great, thanks for the super service!

PostPosted: Thu Mar 19, 2015 2:52 pm 
Site Admin

Hi Ryan

I have amended the report and screen to include the full address. Shown below is the report output.

Attachment:
File comment: Review Pat Testing Customers Retest dates with contact details
review pat customers.jpg
review pat customers.jpg [ 8.78 KiB | Viewed 2158 times ]

I will do a beta build of 7.0.6 later this afternoon and ask Carl to email you a link where you can download it.

I am hoping these changes will be accepted by all our users. If not and some of our users still want to use the original layout, I will have to make an amendment (a tick box or similar) so that both types of report can be output.

Regards, Richard.