PostPosted: Wed Sep 03, 2014 11:38 pm 

Attachment:
File comment: Funny colours on opening.
openissue2.jpg
openissue2.jpg [ 55.02 KiB | Viewed 1314 times ]

PostPosted: Thu Sep 04, 2014 12:51 pm 
Site Admin

Hi Robert

Many thanks for trying the beta version of SimplyPats 7.0.5.

As you have worked out, the multiple continuity and polarity tests are only shown for new download's where the information is interpreted from the Seaward Apollo 500/600 download file. (It wont have the information stored in previous Simplypats data files)

Regarding some of the issues:

Quote:
As you can see, it said NA next to the entry, which I guess isn't ideal

I can change the NA to any alternative text or leave it blank. Unfortunately it is listed under the Continuity result column which has a label for Ohms. This obviously doesn't apply to the polarity test. It would also be possible to create separate listings (sub reports) for the multiple continuity and multiple polarity tests so their header's are unique to each section, however maybe im being lazy but I feel that may be overkill?

Quote:
For my needs, it would be perfect if this new report could be "merged" with the no location grouping format.

Do you mean you would like the report as a list and not grouped by site and location? If so this would be easy for me to do. I could even create a new additional report so that users can have the choice of grouped by site and location or not.

Quote:
I get an error message after the flash screen, when I open the program...

I dont think (hope) this is a bug in 7.0.5 but is caused by a conflict of another program on your pc using a widget (the grid control that displays the data on the main screen) which is of a different version to the one SimplyPats uses. We have seen this before with a program called inspHire (who we now work closely with as their hire software now exchanges data with our own) which use the same control. We have a simple work around for this which we can go through with you on your pc. See link below:

viewtopic.php?f=57&t=724

Of course it is possible that the error is caused by something new.

The easiest way to diagnose the issue would when you have 5 minutes to let us log into your PC and check the version of the grid control you are using.

Quote:
Clicking on OK opens the program without further hiccups, but with an off colour display

I am hoping this issue is related to the one above. (the colours are not being set on the grid correctly because of the error.)

When you have 5 minutes give us a quick call as there is a couple of things we can go over on the phone.

Regards, Richard.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 04, 2014 2:02 pm 

Hi Richard,
Many thanks for letting me loose on it!

Polarity "OK" I guess is the best, I think anything else is overkill. I really like the layout you've designed already.

Quote:
Do you mean you would like the report as a list and not grouped by site and location?

Yes please to the not grouped by location. One of the reports lists the location as an entry in the same line as the results, this is perfect.

As to the errors, I am at home tomorrow, so I will call at some point with the PC on. I've recently had to install and old version of a program called JazlerShow version 1.5.1 if memory serves. This has a grid of buttons that fire sound effects or music off when pressed.

Best wishes
Robert.

ETA spelling correction.

Last edited by Light Console on Fri Sep 05, 2014 5:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 04, 2014 8:17 pm 
Site Admin

Hi Robert

First of all, many thanks for the beta testing.

Think this is the report (Passes and Fails Without Location Grouping) you want?

Attachment:
File comment: Pat Testing Certification Passes and Fails Without Grouping Multiple Continuity and Polarity Tests
passes and fails report no location grouping.jpg
passes and fails report no location grouping.jpg [ 44.16 KiB | Viewed 1308 times ]

I will try and add this report over the next couple of days with the Multiple Polarity and Continuity sub report added.

Hopefully tomorow we can alsosort out the issues with the error message / strange colours that is now happening. It may be due to some software that is in conflict but we should be able to narrow that down quite quickly.

Regards, Richard.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 04, 2014 11:27 pm 

Hi Richard,
Many thanks again, that's the one! Yes please.
Best wishes,
Robert.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 09, 2014 1:04 pm 
Site Admin

Hi Robert

I have added a new report which lists Passes and Fails and also shows the Multiple Continuity Tests and Multiple Polarity tests without the appliances being grouped by site and location. This now gives you the option of having the tests grouped by site and location or not.

Regarding the issue that you had starting SimplyPats

Quote:
I get an error message after the flash screen, when I open the program...

and

Quote:
Clicking on OK opens the program without further hiccups, but with an off colour display, as if everything is highlighted.

As we suspected, this seems to have been caused by a conflict with another piece of Software that you installed recently and the work around that we tried on your PC is hopefully allowing both SimplyPats and your other software to co exist.

I will do a new beta build of SimplyPats 7.0.5 later today and ask Carl to upload it to our web site and send you a link.

Regards, Richard

PostPosted: Fri Sep 12, 2014 7:49 pm 

Hi Richard,

It's all working beautifully, thank you.

R.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 13, 2014 12:16 pm 
Site Admin

Hi Robert

Many thanks for your feedback, much appreciated.

Regards, Richard.