SimplyPats User Forum

SimplyPats Portable Appliance Testing Software
It is currently Thu Jun 21, 2018 3:00 pm

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post subject: RCD Report
PostPosted: Tue Jun 10, 2014 1:57 am 

Hi guys,

I find that after entering the RCD test results (manually) into a record the system retains the data, however it disappears / get cleared if I return to the individual record ie right click / RCD microwave results. :(

What do I need to do to ensure the data is retained? :idea:

Also, is there a means that RCD test results can be imported during a data upload from a SigmaPat?

Thanks

JB

Post subject: Re: RCD Report
PostPosted: Tue Jun 10, 2014 3:29 pm 
Site Admin

Hi John

Quote:
I find that after entering the RCD test results (manually) into a record the system retains the data, however it disappears / get cleared if I return to the individual record ie right click / RCD microwave results. :(

What do I need to do to ensure the data is retained? :idea:

I can replicate this issue and therefore we will look into it to see if we can resolve it, many thanks for pointing it out.

As for the AUS/NZ SigmaPat, you may want to download and install the latest BETA (I’ll send you a link via email) as we have done quite a bit of work on the code for that particular Firmware/Tester.

SimplyPats should be able to deal with all of the RCD related tests apart from the RAMP Test (Auto Test).

Regards Carl

PostPosted: Wed Jun 11, 2014 12:52 pm 
Site Admin

SimplyPats RCD Data when Test and Tagging (PAT Testing)

Hi John

I have had a chance to look at the RCD issue this morning. At the moment, if you manually enter an RCD result on a test, SimplyPats will remember the information and it will appear on your print outs.

If you right click on the apppliance to edit the data, the result and status is cleared.

Having looked through the code I have read notes that I have made at the time and the reasons for this behaviour.

Unlike other tests, RCD data can be entered manually (perhaps where you have a separate RCD tester) and automatically downloaded from a PAT tester that supports RCD testing (such as the Metrel SigmaPat MI3310)

There is not an easy way that SimplyPats can flag whether the data has been downloaded or edited manually.

From my notes, the editing of data has been deliberately stopped to prevent the editing of RCD data that has been downloaded.

I could Simply re activate the code necessary to allow the editing of RCD data (from which ever source it comes from) however there may concerns raised from other users that this shouldn't be allowed?

It terms of traceability, SimplyPats always records the raw data downloaded from the PAT in it's original form, so it would be possible to trace back to find the original RCD test data.

I will re-activate the code to allow the editing of RCD data and we will see if there is any fall out from other users.

Regards, Richard.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 12, 2014 5:44 am 

Hi Richard,

I don't quite follow the reasoning that you shared on why the results drop off if manually entered as this doesn't happen when I do a manual entry for the usual tests ie File/Manual Entry

However, I'm sure you do understand it and at my end all I'm concerned with is that entered data remains.

Will check it out when the nxt update comes about.

JB