SimplyPats User Forum

SimplyPats Portable Appliance Testing Software
It is currently Thu Sep 20, 2018 3:32 am

All times are UTC [ DST ]

PostPosted: Fri Feb 28, 2014 10:00 am 

Hi,

A question regarding adding the PAT machine serial number to test results:

I have entered the tester serial number under "Manage PAT Testers" but have noted when I download results from the tester to the software, the results do not show the testers serial number. I have worked out how to add this information on the main screen 2nd column down on the right, but this only adds the serial to 1 test result at a time, which can take forever to perform for over 500 results. Is there a quicker way of adding the testers serial number to the downloaded results?

I have been using version 7.0.1 - haven't updated to the latest version yet.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 28, 2014 2:22 pm 
Site Admin

Hi TDC

I'm not sure what PAT tester you have but many testers allow us to recover the serial number of the PAT tester on download and automatically populate the PAT Serial Number field.

Obviously if you're using a manual entry tester or one that doesn't allow the automatic recovery of the PAT Serial Number (e.g. Megger PAT4) then you may want to set the PAT Serial number on your data.

You should be able to bulk replace the PAT Serial Numbers using the Bulk Replace screen from the Tools menu. However by coincidence, when trying to bulk replace PAT Serial Numbers last night I noticed it crashed the program. I think I've found the error and will get the fix in ASAP. (The issue was caused as we amended the screen panes on the right for the upgrade from SimplyPats 6 to 7)

As you say:

Quote:
adds the serial to 1 test result at a time, which can take forever to perform for over 500 results

So I will ensure the bulk replace is working correctly.

I am currently following a chain of work on the PAT Serial Numbers. Firstly you may have read the post i made yesterday about warning or calibration dates:

viewtopic.php?f=59&t=893

However as an extension to this I have been working on listing all the PAT Tester's that have been used in the current file. This will appear as a list underneath the report header where the testing address, signature and logo are printed. This feature will work on all the V2 reports within SimplyPats and can be turned on or off as desired. I will post later today with an example.

Regards, Richard.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 28, 2014 2:42 pm 

Thanks for your response Richard, yes our main machine is the Megger PAT 4 DVF/3, which as you say does not transmit it's serial number during the dump. So a bulk replace feature fully working would be of a great advantage to me until I can convince my MD to buy me a new tester.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 04, 2014 4:31 pm 
Site Admin

Hi TDC

Regarding the bulk replace of the PAT Serial Numbers:

Quote:
You should be able to bulk replace the PAT Serial Numbers using the Bulk Replace screen from the Tools menu. However by coincidence, when trying to bulk replace PAT Serial Numbers last night I noticed it crashed the program. I think I've found the error and will get the fix in ASAP.

I hope I have cured this bug. The fix will be in the next free upgrade of SimplyPats 7 (7.0.3) due late this year.

viewtopic.php?f=65&t=883 (Bug 6)

If you need an interim beta version then please let me know.

Regards, Richard.