SimplyPats User Forum

SimplyPats Portable Appliance Testing Software
It is currently Mon May 28, 2018 10:36 am

All times are UTC [ DST ]

PostPosted: Fri Oct 06, 2017 1:54 pm 

Hi all,
I am just about getting to grips with SimplyPats, and I have to say, Wow, what amazing software this truly is, it does everything that’s advertised and plenty more! From having a browse through the forum’s It looks like the support and ever evolving software is second to none also.
Could I request a couple of options or additions please. The first has already been covered by West End Sparky and his post on retiring assets. (Just wondering when next update is?) My second ask is, on the print PAT labels screen, would it be possible to have a Start printing at label button outside of the auto generate appliance id’s box, I need this option to work with items selected from a loaded pat file as well, if at all possible, and I am possibly pushing my luck too far now, and wondered if you can recommend a good but reasonably priced bar code scanner of the point and click variety?

Many thanks and kind regards AndyK

PostPosted: Fri Oct 06, 2017 6:43 pm 
Site Admin

Hi AndyK

First of all thank you for your post and kind comments regarding SimplyPats.

Quote:
The first has already been covered by West End Sparky and his post on retiring assets. (Just wondering when next update is?)

This is something that we have implemented in a previous version but were asked to remove it by some users as they found it confusing. I havent removed the code that I wrote to do this, so we could possibly re visit this to add it again.

We have in the past recomended that users enter a location called "Retired" for an appliance if they wish to retire it in a separate group. Once a location of "Retired" exists other appliances can be added to that group by bulk changing etc.

Quote:
on the print PAT labels screen, would it be possible to have a Start printing at label button outside of the auto generate appliance id’s box, I need this option to work with items selected from a loaded pat file as well,

Um not sure I understand this. Could you explain further. Im sure it will be possible to amend the labels screen to do what you want. (fingers crossed!)

Quote:
if you can recommend a good but reasonably priced bar code scanner of the point and click variety?

Of course, what Pat Test Machine are you using? Depending on the machine, some Scanners have to be wired up correctly and / or programmed (quite easy when using configuration barcodes.) Some scanners will work straight out of the box (e.g. USB scanners on a Megger PAT 420 for example).

We have most often used Datalogic scanners such as the Datalogic Heron as we have found them to be reliable. easy to program and better at reading barcodes comapred to the proximity scanners where you have to have the scan head quite close to the barcode in order to read it.

Regards, Richard.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 11, 2017 9:07 am 

Hi Richard,
Thank you for your prompt reply, sorry I couldn't get back sooner.
I can only get the start printing at label option to work if I am generating auto appliance ids and have pressed the Auto set button. If however I have a file open, say a download from the pat test machine for a particular day, then I can print labels for these items ok but it always starts printing at the beginning of the label sheet. when I enter a value for "start printing at label" it's ignored, and I think it's because I need to press the auto set button to register the value I have entered.
Unfortunately if I try pressing auto set with the files I want to print open, I receive an error message because a file is open.

Many thanks and regards AndyK

PostPosted: Thu Oct 12, 2017 4:11 pm 
Site Admin

Hi AndyK

I have managed to replicate the issue you have described above and made Richard aware of it.

It has been added to our white board as an issue to address before the next update.

We will notify of any progress on that particular issue via this forum post, where we may also be able to let you have a BETA of the next update prior to official public release.

Regards Carl

PostPosted: Fri Oct 13, 2017 10:13 am 

Hi Carl,

Thank you for getting back to me, I would be very grateful for a BETA if that's possible. Your tech support and customer service is amazing, So glad I decided to go with SimplyPats.
Many thanks and kind regards,
AndyK

PostPosted: Fri Oct 13, 2017 11:24 am 
Site Admin

Thanks for the comments, we will let you know when we have the BETA available.

Carl