SimplyPats User Forum

SimplyPats Portable Appliance Testing Software
It is currently Fri May 25, 2018 11:56 am

All times are UTC [ DST ]

PostPosted: Wed May 03, 2017 4:18 pm 

First of all hello, this is my first post here!

I work for a copmany that has been using a Seaward Europa Plus tester together with PATGuard (original) software to manage our internal PAT. This combination as you can guess is no longer forfilling our needs!

I hve been asked to investigate adding the end user information as a new field to the records during the test and having that information available both on the out of date reports aswell as on an asset report which they also want exportable to excel, is this possible with simply PATS as I can not upload in the demo version to try it out?!

Also does the asset description update to the latest entered/downloaded from the tester?

Thanks.

PostPosted: Wed May 03, 2017 8:14 pm 
Site Admin

Hi Paul

If you email your contact details to our support address I'll contact you tomorrow.

With regards to the "end user" information you mentioned, were you referring to the information that you're user enters after each Test in the comments fields on the tester?

Regards Carl

PostPosted: Wed May 03, 2017 10:20 pm 

Quote:
If you email your contact details to our support address I'll contact you tomorrow.
PM'd, I'll email you when I get in tomorrow morning!

Quote:
With regards to the "end user" information you mentioned, were you referring to the information that you're user enters after each Test in the comments fields on the tester?
By 'end user information' I was referring to the name of the user of the item (e.g. one of our service engineers) to allow us to track the items more easily. The though was to add their name in one of the four fields we have available on the tester, currently 'Asset Description' and 'Asset Group' which are used and two 'Notes' fields which in PATGuard end up hidden away attached to the latest test results of the item!

PostPosted: Thu May 04, 2017 12:38 pm 
Site Admin

Hi Paul

Thanks for the conversation over the phone this morning.

We normally refer to the USER as the person carrying out the testing which is generally recorded in the tester and downloaded automatically. In your case, if I understood correctly you want to record the person that the equipment belongs to (USER) in one of the comments fields on the tester.

As discussed, I would recommend if at all possible that you record the USER in the Location Field on the tester. SimplyPats will allow you to use abbreviations (the persons initials for example) if it is easier, these can then be replaced with the full name after download.

The reason for recommending the above, is that the Reporting is far more focused on information such as Appliance Id, Site and Location etc where it comes to filtering or grouping.

The Asset Group can be stored in the Notes Field in SimplyPats, however you mentioned storing the Appliance Class in with the Group information, the Class for example is stored in the SimplyPats data in its own field and either downloaded with the test data sent out from the tester or worked out automatically based on the tests carried out.

If you need any more information, please do not hesitate to contact me.