SimplyPats User Forum

SimplyPats Portable Appliance Testing Software
It is currently Fri May 25, 2018 11:57 am

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post subject: Copying A Record
PostPosted: Thu Sep 22, 2016 5:10 pm 

Hi

I'm using Version 7.0.8 Manual Edition.

I use the software to record results after repairing equipment.
Is it possible to copy the record of a machine I have already seen previously and then add the latest results before saving to the same file, rather than typing the equipment details again in a new record and adding the results?

Regards

Alan

Post subject: Re: Copying A Record
PostPosted: Thu Sep 22, 2016 6:41 pm 
Site Admin

Hi Alan

Simple answer is Yes. Hopefully I can explain below:

First off I would make a back up your file if you haven't done so and name it appropriately.

a) Because you may want to refer to those test results some time in the future. (They are are a record of your test results on the dates you tested. and..

b) If you edit the wrong records or accidentally make changes you didnt mean to, you can always revert to your backup and start again.

1) Turn On Row Headers

To edit existing Manually entered records in SimplyPats you may find it easier if your turn on the row headers. This is done by clicking on the View Menu at the top of the screen and selecting Show Row Headers

Attachment:
show row headers.jpg
show row headers.jpg [ 14.27 KiB | Viewed 1194 times ]

2) Double Click The Row Header

On the left hand side of the Main SimplyPats screen you will now see the row headers (gray blobs) and the current row with a black triangle. See picture below.

Double clicking the Black traingle (you may need to wait half a second while the screen loads) will cause the Manual Entry screen to appear prefilled with all the information of that record which you can now edit. (remember to OK to save your changes.)

Attachment:
row selector.jpg
row selector.jpg [ 21.07 KiB | Viewed 1194 times ]

3) If you are editing alot of records.

If you are editing alot of records in a row, you can use the Find Next and Find Previous buttons on the Manual Entry screen to move between records.

There are other ways to access editing Manual Entered records in SimplyPats, for example Right Mouse clicking on the Test Results are (Where Insulation, Continuity results are shown on the Main Screen) and selecting Edit Manual Results... from the Menu that appears.

Hope this helps, if I haven't understood properly or you need more help, please post back.

Regards, Richard

Post subject: Re: Copying A Record
PostPosted: Mon Sep 26, 2016 2:50 pm 

Hi Richard

You didn't quite understand my question. :)

If I have a machine with an ID of 0002 dated 2/4/16 and the machine is repaired and then PAT tested I want store the new results under the same ID 0002 but with a later date say 15/9/16 and the latest record saved in the same file, so I have two records with the same ID but different dates and different results. At the moment to achieve this I have to manually enter the same descriptions that are contained in record 0002 along with the latests results. What I was asking was, if there was a way to copy the information in record 0002 and save the information back in the same file as record 0002 but with a later date, which is what I do at the moment , but manually. I don't want to copy a file containing many records, edit a record and save the file contaning that changed record under a new file name.

Hope I have explained it better.

Alan