SimplyPats User Forum

SimplyPats Portable Appliance Testing Software
It is currently Sat May 26, 2018 10:15 pm

All times are UTC [ DST ]

PostPosted: Thu Jun 02, 2016 8:27 pm 

Last night installed the latest version of SimplePATS 7.08 on my Windows 10 laptop and nothing but problems (Main error "This Program Has Stopped Working").

Start SimplyPATS then go to My Settings.
Click to enter my phone number and get "Runtime Error '429' ActiveX component can't create object." then "SimplyPats has stopped Working".

Restart SimplyPATS and try to check the version number.
Help -> System Information
Error: "SimplePATS has stopped Working"

What is going wrong? I have a feeling that a number of ActiveX components are not being registered properly.

Regards,
Raoul

PostPosted: Thu Jun 02, 2016 9:11 pm 
Site Admin

Hi Raoul

First of all sorry to hear you are having issues running on windows 10. As you suggest it sounds like the ocx's and dll's used by SimplyPats are not correctly registered.

It may be worth re installing the software, however right mouse click the install package and run the install as Administrator. Check if SimplyPats runs ok, if not you can try right clicking the short cut to simplyPats and again run as administrator.

If you are still getting issues there are some other options that can be tried (such as running in compatibility mode. Right click the simplypats icon, choose properties and then the compatibility tab.)

Failing all of the above we may need to do a full clean install. It may be better for you to contact support so we can run through this with you. However please let us know if not convenient for you during office hours.

We have several hundred users running on Windows 10 now and the only known issue we have had (now resolved) is the compatability of the Metrel GammaPat USB to Serial drivers with Windows 10 and our program.

Regards, Richard.