SimplyPats User Forum

SimplyPats Portable Appliance Testing Software
It is currently Mon Oct 15, 2018 11:14 pm

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post subject: Edit reminder email
PostPosted: Wed Apr 08, 2015 8:01 pm 

Hello,

Is it possible to edit the standard reminder email at all? I have been trying to find the text doc where it is located in and can't seem to locate it.

Thanks

Post subject: Re: Edit reminder email
PostPosted: Wed Apr 08, 2015 8:15 pm 
Site Admin

Hi Ryan

Quote:
s it possible to edit the standard reminder email at all?

When you say the standard reminder, is this the email created from the review customers or calendar screens?

It currently isn't possible to edit the default text of the email (other than when the email is created for you ready to send), however I'm sure I can make the routine pick up a text document if it exists and populate the email with that. It shouldn't (fingers crossed) be too hard to code and would be a useful addition.

If you let me know where you are creating the email, I will try and have a look at coding it ASAP

Regards, Richard.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 09, 2015 8:29 pm 

Hi Richard,

Yes I am talking about when you email a customer from the calendar screen. If it is possible to make this change it would be very helpful and save a lot off time typing the same thing over again as I pretty much have a standard reminder email that I send out and the text that is populated at the moment is a bit short and to the point.

It would be great if it still populated the customers name at the start off the email if possible.

When you ask where I am creating the email as you referring to the email app? if so I use outlook.

Thanks

PostPosted: Thu Apr 09, 2015 8:39 pm 
Site Admin

Hi Ryan

Thanks for that. No problem, I will have a look at this tomorow, hopefully it wont take too long to do. I will also look at how we can include the customer name im not sure how easy this will be until i do some research.

I will post back when (fingers crossed) Im making some progress, hopefully we can include it in the 7.0.6. update due April / May 2015.

Regards, Richard.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 11, 2015 9:18 am 

great, Thanks

PostPosted: Wed Apr 15, 2015 1:20 pm 
Site Admin

Hi Ryan,

I have added the code necessary to add user text to the email that is sent out from the Calendar Screen in SimplyPats.

When you run SimplyPats, a new folder is created in your App Data folder

C:\Users\[Your User Name]\AppData\Local\RSR Systems\SimplyPats7\Email Text

Into this folder create a notepad text file containing the text you wanted added to the email. It must be named:

calendar_default_email.txt

When click to send an email from the Calendar Extra Info screen, the email will contain your additional text.

Hopefully this will resolve your issue for the Calendar screen, however I would like add this functionality to the other places in which you can automatically email. When I get a chance I will look at addressing this.

This feature will be in the next free upgrade to SimplyPats (7.0.6) due later this month or early May 2015, however if you'd like a beta copy of 7.0.6 in the interim then please let me know.

Regards, Richard.