SimplyPats User Forum

SimplyPats Portable Appliance Testing Software
It is currently Mon Aug 20, 2018 4:13 am

All times are UTC [ DST ]

PostPosted: Mon Jan 20, 2014 8:08 pm 

Hi Guys

Many thanks for the assistance & software upgrade the other day. One slight problem, cannot download from the Metrel Gamma Tester. Have tried to load the software for the PATS software etc but it keeps coming up Microsoft SQL Server 2005 compatibility issues.....
(I am using Windows 8)any suggestions would be appreciated. Regards, Richard

PostPosted: Tue Jan 21, 2014 5:31 pm 
Site Admin

Hi rjk

From what you have mentioned with regards to the error (Microsoft SQL Server 2005 compatibility issues) it sounds like you are trying to install the Metrel PATLink Software from the CD supplied with the GammaPAT?

You should only need to install the USB to Serial Drivers provided on the CD supplied by Metrel if you want to download to SimplyPats, the Metrel PATLink software is not needed if this is the case.

Let me know if you need a hand with this.

Regards Carl

PostPosted: Wed Jan 22, 2014 11:53 pm 

Hi Karl, contacted Metrel & guess what, they said they were unable to help as I was not using Pat Link programme. When I mentioned that I only wanted the drivers to use the Gamma Pat with windows 8, they still refused to help, although the person did say that their drivers were on the Metrel web site but a code would be needed to open them......Your view would be appreciated. I wonder if anyone else has had this problem.

I've got a feeling I may have to have version 7 put on the old lap top with windows 7.

Once again thanks for your time and effort to date. Metrel could learn some lessons from you as regards exceptional customer service. It makes you wonder how companies like them survive?

Regards

Richard

PostPosted: Thu Jan 23, 2014 12:04 am 

Hello again Karl

I have just read your post of 1.03pm 22.01.14 concerning the USB etc foe windows 8.1. Do you think that this is the answer for my problem?

RIchard

PostPosted: Thu Jan 23, 2014 12:40 pm 
Site Admin

Hi Richard

Yes the instructions outlined on the following post will solve the issue you are having with regards to installing the USB Drivers for your Metrel GammaPat on your Windows 8 PC.

viewtopic.php?f=64&t=880

I managed to replicate the issue on one of our Windows 8 (V8.1) office PCs and contacted Metrel Technical Support for assistance, Steve who took my call immediately knew what the issue was and pointed me in the right direction.

If you need any help following the instructions, please give me a call and I will take you through it over the phone.

Regards Carl