SimplyPats User Forum

SimplyPats Portable Appliance Testing Software
It is currently Sat Oct 20, 2018 4:03 pm

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post subject: At Long Last !!!!!
PostPosted: Thu Aug 14, 2008 12:53 pm 

Well done to the team at Simply Pats ! At last a software program that does what is says on the label.

We are based amongst the service companies on the edge of London Heathrow Airport, and are asked to do a lot of pat testing by a wide variety of clients not just in the airport but in their Head offices in London and where ever. previously we used a link software package that produced a report containing all of the information for each appliance and printed the results in an fixed format of 4 appliances per page.

This was producing reports as thick as a door stop ! and not many of my customers needed to know all of the info the report contained. Now literally at the click of a button we can produce an appliance register, seperate lists of passes and fails and that all important piece of marketing, the Certificate.

Less paper, Less time, Less stress and a lot happier list of clients.

On the two occaisions I had got stuck, and both times I had not read the user manual, Somebody at simply showed me my mistake.

Thanks again for all your help. Mark Redman HESL

PostPosted: Thu Aug 14, 2008 10:27 pm 
Site Admin

Welcome to the Forum Mark, and thank you for your kind comments.

As you will appreciate by the very nature of things we often only hear from people when they are having problems, usually when initially setting up their PAT test machine, cables and USB to Serial converters for downloading.

It is good to hear that you are finding SimplyPats an improvement on your previous software and that your clients are also happy with the printed reports.

It is also good to hear that we have responded to any technical queries that you have had.

I understand from your phone call today that you are trying to convert a large number of files from your previous software into SimplyPats Data format. Hopefully within the next few days I will write a small program to bulk change all the files so avoiding the need to import the files and save them out manually.

I will keep you posted as to my progress.

Regards, Richard, SimplyPats Development