SimplyPats User Forum

SimplyPats Portable Appliance Testing Software
It is currently Sun Dec 16, 2018 6:20 pm

All times are UTC [ DST ]

PostPosted: Thu Sep 09, 2010 9:05 am 

Hi Carl and team
Thanks for helping out on Tuesday night regarding my problem with the downloading which you sorted by going onto my computer, we would have still been sat doing it now had you not done that, you also found other issues on the computer which was slowing things down it does seem quicker now thanks. If you could just remind me what you went onto to clear some of the rubbish off I think we where on task manager but we did so much I have forgotten just what we did. Once I know again I can keep an eye on it in the future.

Once again many thanks you do a great job and all ways very helpful 10 out 10.

Stuart.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 09, 2010 3:29 pm 
Site Admin

Hi Stuart

As you know, we were rapidly approaching a brick wall trying to resolve your SimplyPats PAT Testing software issue, but thankfully due to a combination of using remote access and a sudden last ditched idea from Richard we were able to solve the problem.

I have since spoken to an engineer working for an IT Company in the office next door and he said that there is a possibility that the offending user account on your PC may have been set to hidden, hence why it did not appear in the User Accounts list in the Control Panel.

He also mentioned that any tasks opened by that user would stay running if they simply switched to another user instead of logging out, or the PC was set to hibernate instead of close down.

The above is the only possible reason we can think of for the PC running at 100% CPU usage for most of the time. This had such a dramatic effect resulting in the PC running slow and unable to write the PAT Tester Data to a file on download. Looking at the temp file created showed that while the first 10 or so tests were ok, the test data being sent from the PAT Tester thereafter was corrupt. The computer processor just couldn’t keep up, as it was already working at full capacity doing other tasks.

This is the first time we have come across this particular PC problem, and while it was no way connected to the SimplyPats software, it was certainly interesting to diagnose.

You can get to the Task Manager, simply Right Mouse Click on the Windows Task Bar at the bottom of the screen and choose Task Manager. In the Windows task Manager, click the Processes Tab.

If you want to see all processes running from all users, tick the Show processes from all users box. Select the process that you want to end and click the End Process button, be careful and make sure you don’t shut anything important down like your Internet Security for example.

Stuart, thank you for the 10 out of 10 score, supporting our users and the SimplyPats software is something that we take very seriously. Quick response to critical support issues means less stress for our users, which lets you get on with your PAT Testing.

Regards Carl

PostPosted: Fri Dec 16, 2011 5:32 pm 

Down loading information from my exsisting PAT tester on the new version of simplys pats was'nt to hard due to the fact the back up & support was fantasic !!!! which just proves there still is customer service in world with a smile ! ,i'll be coming back again for sure !!!

Kev Coleman

KVC Electrics ,Exeter