SimplyPats User Forum

SimplyPats Portable Appliance Testing Software
It is currently Sat Oct 20, 2018 3:48 pm

All times are UTC [ DST ]

PostPosted: Mon Oct 27, 2008 10:05 am 

This is my first post to this forum, and I feel it is fitting that it should be an "End User's" view of our 'Host'.
I am employed as PAT tester on a Nuclear Power Station, and on site my section test some 7000 items per year. Our Database software is Simply Pats 5.
After having used the Software constantly over the last couple of years, I had built up a small list of functional queries; also, maybe even a bug or two.
Over the last 30 years or so, I have had many unproductive conversations with software houses, which made me reluctant to contact RSR directly.
When I did call RSR, I was pleasantly surprised by their response. The guys I spoke to then, and during subsequent calls and emails, listened to everything I had to say, conceded that there might be a bug in their software, found workable solutions to my immediate problems, and politely corrected my 'operator errors', all within just a few days.
To me, finding a Software house, who care about their product to the point that they will support it at a 'one to one' level with their customers, is rare indeed. To do this with patience and courtesy, even rarer.
Long may you prosper, guys, and many thanks.

Post subject: Re Testimonial
PostPosted: Tue Oct 28, 2008 1:38 pm 
Site Admin

Hi John,

First of all many thanks for your testimonial it is very much appreciated. As you appreciate SimplyPats is a live product and we are constantly developing free updates with bug fixes and users suggestions to improvements in our program. This of course hopefully makes the program more efficient and useable, however on the down side it also means that we sometimes add "undocumented design features" or bugs.

As you know, if any bugs are found by ourselves or end users, we address these problems as soon as possible and offer a solution.

Since the start of 2008 we have reorganised RSR Systems Ltd and SimplyPats is our core product, we endeavour to be totally focussed on our customers problems and needs.

Whilst we are all in business to make money it is very encouraging to receive positive feedback as it helps us maintain our enthusiasm in further developing and supporting our product.

Kind Regards, Richard