SimplyPats User Forum

SimplyPats Portable Appliance Testing Software
It is currently Thu Nov 15, 2018 12:04 pm

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post subject: Print Menu
PostPosted: Mon Jan 28, 2013 1:31 pm 

Hi Folks

In the print menu I see that you have included in the recent upgrade a report including Passes, Fails & Microwaves.
Where the Microwave energy leak report appears a little more wording would help explain this entry to clients.
May I suggest. MICROWAVE ENERGY LEAKAGE REPORT. LEAKAGE LIMIT 5.0 MWCM2. LEAKAGE LEVEL RECORDED .20 PASS.
If you approve with luck this will fit as a neat one line entry.

Thank you for your great product

Regards

Neil

Post subject: Re: Print Menu
PostPosted: Tue Jan 29, 2013 2:18 pm 
Site Admin

Hi Neil

I have had a look at your suggestions and edited the Microwave Test Result details on the Passes Fails and Microwave Report, titled "PAT Report Passes Fails and Microwaves" in SimplyPats.

Is this what you had in mind?

Attachment:
File comment: Microwave Leakage Test Results / PAT Test Results Report for SimplyPats
microwave-leakage-test.gif
microwave-leakage-test.gif [ 7.31 KiB | Viewed 2971 times ]

As with the other PAT Tests, the Test Status has been represented as a single character P, F or S (Pass, Fail or Skip), this is mainly due to limited space available on some of the portrate PAT Reports in general.

Regards Carl

PostPosted: Tue Mar 12, 2013 12:13 pm 

Hi Richard,

When test data is downloaded into SP and then displayed on the screen, there is an option in Settings for the "Skipped Test" fields to be turned off and subsequently not displayed.

In the Print Menu and up to the end of version 5 of SP there was and still is within SP6 a huge selection of various print reports. With the implementation and development of SP6 the same report names are still available along with a duplication of some of the report names but now commencing with "V2...." giving a different report format/appearance for these new reports.

Is there an ability or a possibilty to give an option to turn off some of these reports so that the user only sees their required report options?

In otherwords, I use a selection of the print reports and would like to see only those reports and not all the other reports which I don't use.

Regards

Glenn

PostPosted: Tue Mar 12, 2013 1:51 pm 
Site Admin

Hi Glenn,

Great Idea.

There are a large number of reports in SimplyPats V6 (39 at the last count) and another 4 new ones being added in SimplyPats V7 to deal with the revision to our code of practice over here in the UK.

It gets kinda confusing having so many reports to choose from, so restricting the list to your favourties sounds like a good idea.

I will take a look and see if I can come up with a mechanism to simplify the list of reports.

Regards, Richard.

On a side note:

I wish our legislators and related professional bodies would take a trip to Australia / New Zealand and learn from your standards AS/NZS 3760

PostPosted: Tue Mar 12, 2013 10:33 pm 
Site Admin

Hi Glenn

Quote:
Is there an ability or a possibilty to give an option to turn off some of these reports so that the user only sees their required report options?

I have had a look at this since you posted and have added some new functionality to Simplify the list of PAT Testing Reports. You may want to check out the following post:

viewtopic.php?f=59&t=781

I will need to do alot of testing on this feature and so have added it to SimplyPats 7 rather than an update of SimplyPats 6. I will review after testing whether I can add it as an update to SimplyPats 6.

Hope this is what you had in mind? I certainly think with the increasing number of reports (especially keeping the legacy ones which many of users still like) makes it hard to navigate. Hopefully this will help maintain some Simplyicity!

Regards, Richard.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 13, 2013 1:09 am 

Hi Richard,

Yes it is and thank you. I wasn't looking to have it done so quickly.

Hopefully there will be no problems.

Regards

Glenn

PostPosted: Wed Mar 13, 2013 2:03 am 
Site Admin

Hi Glenn

No problems, it's still a work in progress as the printing has a lot of code in it, especially with the print sequence function. Your idea is good as the long list of reports is confusing. I wanted to have a look at it quickly to see whether it was going to be possible or not.

I'll post if we hit a brick wall whilst testing it.

Regards, Richard.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 18, 2013 12:14 pm 

Hi Folks,

By necessity I have had to do a complete new installation of SP version 6.1 on an alternative machine to the unit I normally work on.

In earlier versions of SP, up to and including a 6.0.7 Beta version, when selecting Print Results and subsequently select Passes and Fails in the Preview Report along with Appliance ID (letters) in Sort Order an option box appeared which I normally selected to "Use a Custom Report".

In selecting this same print option in SP6.1 the "Use Custon Report" option does not appear. Have I missed an option button in the system setup?

Regards

Glenn

PostPosted: Wed Sep 18, 2013 12:45 pm 
Site Admin

Hi Glenn

I have sent you an email with a Zip File containing some PAT Reports (Custom Reports).

You will need to save and unzip the file and copy the three Reports (Passes Report.rpx, Passes And Fails Report.rpx and Fails Report.rpx) to your SimplyPats 6 Reports folder.

Installing these Reports will bring up the Use Custom Report option that you are missing.

We must have produced some Custom PAT Reports for you in the past as I have a folder with your name on it ;)

Regards Carl

PostPosted: Thu Sep 19, 2013 12:24 am 

Hi Carl,

Thank you for the as usual quick response and additional information.

Regards

Glenn