SimplyPats User Forum

SimplyPats Portable Appliance Testing Software
It is currently Sat May 26, 2018 10:37 pm

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post subject: Downloading Pat Testers
PostPosted: Wed Sep 18, 2013 12:59 pm 

Hi Richard,

I am aware that the basis of this comment has originated elsewhere but having difficulty finding the forum comments.

In recent days by necessity I have loaded a complete new version of SP6.1 onto another PC (Laptop).

In configuring the software by selecting System Settings and then Pat Settings I have selected the machine I use for Pat Testing, namely the Alpha Pat with Aust and NZ firmware.

When I then go to File and then Download Pat, the Pat Tester I use is shown on screen and the DnLoad button is then pressed to iniate the download. The download starts, somewhat very slowly until completed. I will experiment with a faster Baud rate as discussed with Carl earlier today. The download speed is not my concern at present.

I accept the fact that there are other individuals and or businesses who use and or have a variety of PAT testers and subsequently asked for the option of selecting their Pat Tester at the time of download irrespective of what system settings had been originally applied to the software.

However for those single Sole Traders ie a one man show, who use the one machine for their business, can an option button be provided in the Pat Tester Settings screen, under Sytem Settings so that when the Pat Tester is selected, this screen does not appear every time the Pat Tester is downloaded?

Regards

Glenn

PostPosted: Thu Sep 19, 2013 11:44 am 
Site Admin

Hi Glenn,

Apologies for not responding to this earlier. I did have a chance to have a quick look at this last night.

The initialsing screen is a bit of a pain to load, especially as we now support 40 odd PAT Test machines. There are obviously alot of parameters for alot of the machines and this all takes time to load. As new PAT testers come onto the market and we add them to SimplyPats this screen may take even longer to load.

In a quick experiment I did last night I think it may be possible to have a quick download button that immediately goes to download your last selected PAT with the settings that were set.

This I think will work for your test and tag machine (the AlphaPat) however it may not work for those machines that use USB pen drives to copy the raw data across.

When I get 5 minutes I will persue my code and see if it can be made to work.

Regards, Richard.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 23, 2013 3:14 am 

Hi Richard,

Thank you for taking the time to look at my request.

If it can be achieved quickly then fine. Otherwise, I will live with the issue.

Regards

Glenn