SimplyPats User Forum

SimplyPats Portable Appliance Testing Software
It is currently Fri Aug 17, 2018 6:37 pm

All times are UTC [ DST ]

PostPosted: Fri Sep 13, 2013 3:45 pm 

Hi Guys.

I have a client that would like a certificate per appliance. I have printed off the test results per appliance, but can only print a "flowery" certificate that is generic to the whole test process.

Is it possible to have a specific "by appliance" cert that bares the appliance ID and also the appliance name/details?

Also, I like to attach photos of any repairs that have been carried out and/or evidence of why an appliance has failed a test. Whilst this is possible already, the existing system requires a secondary page to be printed out. Is it possible to have the image somehow embedded into the test results page, albeit a smaller "thumbnail" image (but large enough to be identifiable) so as to negate the requirement of another page. This would mean that clients get an immediate visual of any "pre agreed maximum value" repairs, that have been carried out. Once the repair has been completed, this is the only proof of the initial fault found.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 13, 2013 6:50 pm 
Site Admin

Hi AMP

Quote:
a "flowery" certificate

For each appliance should be straight forward. I will ask Carl to produce a custom report for this next week. It will replace the Current Appliance / 1 Appliance Per Page reports. However if there is demand for it, we could add it as a new report in the reports list on the Print Preview screen.

Quote:
"thumbnail" image (but large enough to be identifiable) so as to negate the requirement of another page

Yes this sounds like a good idea. As above I think we would base it on an existing report, creating a custom report for it, and again if it is popular, or when we have a bit more time we will add it to the list of standard reports.

Only question I have is which report would you like the thumbnails added to? The V2 Pass and Fails report? or the V2 Appliance Register or another one?

Regards, Richard.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 17, 2013 3:16 pm 
Site Admin

Hi AMP

The new single Appliance Certificate shown below has been designed from scratch, and is based on the original “Current Appliance” Report available from the Preview Report menu.

Was this the sort of Report you had in mind?

Attachment:
File comment: Appliance Certificate for Electrical Safety Testing
Single-Appliance-PAT-Report.jpg
Single-Appliance-PAT-Report.jpg [ 155.53 KiB | Viewed 2448 times ]

The text “This is to certify that the above Appliance has been tested for electrical safety” is hard coded at this stage, meaning that there is no way for you to edit it, let me know what text you would like in its place and I will edit it before sending you the Report.

At this current time we are going to leave it as a Custom Report, this means that it will need to be downloaded and saved/copied to your SimplyPats Reports Folder.

If it looks ok, I will email it to you for testing.

Regards Carl

PostPosted: Thu Sep 19, 2013 3:40 pm 

richard wrote:
Hi AMP

Quote:
a "flowery" certificate

For each appliance should be straight forward. I will ask Carl to produce a custom report for this next week. It will replace the Current Appliance / 1 Appliance Per Page reports. However if there is demand for it, we could add it as a new report in the reports list on the Print Preview screen.

Im gonna be greedy here.. I looked at the current appliance/1page report... and i'd like to use that along side the "flowery" cert too.. :)

richard wrote:
Quote:
"thumbnail" image (but large enough to be identifiable) so as to negate the requirement of another page

richard wrote:
Yes this sounds like a good idea. As above I think we would base it on an existing report, creating a custom report for it, and again if it is popular, or when we have a bit more time we will add it to the list of standard reports.

Only question I have is which report would you like the thumbnails added to? The V2 Pass and Fails report? or the V2 Appliance Register or another one?

Regards, Richard.

The V2 Pass and Fail report please :)

PostPosted: Thu Sep 19, 2013 3:42 pm 

admin wrote:
Hi AMP

The new single Appliance Certificate shown below has been designed from scratch, and is based on the original “Current Appliance” Report available from the Preview Report menu.

Was this the sort of Report you had in mind?

Attachment:
Single-Appliance-PAT-Report.jpg

The text “This is to certify that the above Appliance has been tested for electrical safety” is hard coded at this stage, meaning that there is no way for you to edit it, let me know what text you would like in its place and I will edit it before sending you the Report.

At this current time we are going to leave it as a Custom Report, this means that it will need to be downloaded and saved/copied to your SimplyPats Reports Folder.

If it looks ok, I will email it to you for testing.

Regards Carl

Apologies for the delay in responding...

The cert looks the dogs danglies.... although... could it also have the saved "E-signature " added to it?

Regards,

Allan

PostPosted: Fri Sep 20, 2013 11:12 am 
Site Admin

Hi AMP

I'm sure the Electronic Signature can be added and I will do this today, but we will need to then include the changes in an update to the software which may only apply to SimplyPats Version 7 as development on Version 6 has now ended.

I will get back to you as soon as I have had chance to look at it in more detail.

Regards Carl

PostPosted: Wed Sep 25, 2013 4:04 pm 
Site Admin

Hi Allan

An update to the progress of this Report…

We have encountered a technical issue with making this available as a custom report due to the differences in the design from the base Version One Current Appliance Report. In light of this, we have decided to add this PAT Report as a completely new Report option in SimplyPats Version 7 only.

The Digital Signature has also now been added to the Report.

I will update this thread when we have implemented the Report and any changes necessary.

Regards Carl