SimplyPats User Forum

SimplyPats Portable Appliance Testing Software
It is currently Tue Oct 23, 2018 8:15 pm

All times are UTC [ DST ]

PostPosted: Thu May 23, 2013 9:22 am 

Hi Carl, I love simply pats as it make most of my life easer.
I do have one problem that you may be able to help with.
I do a small amount of testing under contract for a large company and they request that I use their tags whis is not a problem, but they also would like the tag number off their tags to appear on the print out I use the Appliance register by site and save to excel and then add a coloum and manually put them in. I have an alpha pat and it doesent allow for the numbers to be put in at time of testing. I had put the number in as the appliance id number but it became messy with repeat testing.

Any ideas :D

Regards
Shirley

PS Have you got v7 up and running yet

Last edited by admin on Thu May 23, 2013 1:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Edited post title

PostPosted: Thu May 23, 2013 12:34 pm 
Site Admin

Hi Shirley

I think I understand what you are asking and trying to achieve, but please let me know if I’m completely off the mark.

Are you saying that you are allocating your own Tag Number to each appliance as well as being required to record the existing Tag Number, which has been allocated by the company you are being contracted to do the testing for?

If so, this may be an option.

I have already designed a Customised version of the V2 Appliance Register Grouped which includes the Appliance Serial Number data field. I could easily change the heading to something else such as “Tag” for instance, allowing you to use the Serial Number Data Field in SimplyPats to manually enter the Tag Number.

The above solution would still mean that you will need to manually enter the additional Tag Number, but at least you can by-pass using Excel. This will also allow you to print the Test and Tag Report direct from SimplyPats as well as having both Tags stored within the PAT Data file.

The ability to add the App Serial Number column (as well as others) to the main data grid in SimplyPats was added in the 6.0.7 update, this should make it much easier to enter the additional Tag information into SimplyPats given that you can now re-position the Serial Number column next to the Appliance Id column for example.

Alternatively…

Richard has suggested other option whereby you enter both Tag numbers into the AlphaPat at the time of test, but enter a separator character or leave a space between each Tag Number. When you download the data to SimplyPats the software would save the first Tag into the Appliance id field and the second Tag into another field such as Appliance Serial Number. You would then go onto print and select the custom Test and Tag Report (mentioned above) as normal.

As a note, I believe the Metrel AlphaPat has a 15 character limit on the Appliance Id field, if both Tag Numbers total 14 characters or more this solution will not be an option.

Please let us know if any of the above suggestions are workable.

As for SimplyPats Version 7… It is very close to release.

Regards Carl

PostPosted: Sun Sep 29, 2013 4:29 am 

Hi Carl, sorry for the late reply I have also emailed you.
The appliance register grouped with the serial number sounds like it will do it and even better if you could change the heading to tag number. We have been doing repairs to the house after the earthquakes and I haven't had the time to get back, but things are getting better now but still have a lot more to do but this would speed things along report wise.

regards

Shirley :roll:

PostPosted: Mon Sep 30, 2013 10:08 am 
Site Admin

Hi Shirley

Sorry to hear about the earthquake damage, hope you get back to normality soon.

I did get your email and will sort out the Custom Test and Tag Report for you. Changing the heading of the Appliance Id column to “Tag Number” will not be a problem, I will make sure that is done before sending it over.

Regards carl

PostPosted: Tue Oct 01, 2013 12:57 pm 
Site Admin

Hi Shirley

I have sent you an email with the Custom Test and Tag Reports attached, these will need to be copied into your SimplyPats Reports folder.

Please let me know if they are ok.

Regards Carl