SimplyPats User Forum

SimplyPats Portable Appliance Testing Software
It is currently Wed Aug 15, 2018 10:12 pm

All times are UTC [ DST ]

PostPosted: Thu May 02, 2013 7:03 pm 

Hi

With regards to changes outlined in the new IET Code of Practice 4th Edition and comments from my own customers, would it be possible to remove the Valid Until date (i.e. the Retest Date)on the V2 Certificate and replace it with the Test Date?

Regards
Maria Bousfield

PostPosted: Thu May 02, 2013 7:08 pm 
Site Admin

Hi Maria,

Thanks for your suggestion. Given what you say regarding the IET Code of Practice 4th Edition I think this is a very good idea.

Initially we will create a custom V2 certificate that you can download however I will have to make some changes to the program so it displays test data as opposed to retest data.

I am hoping to release the next free SimplyPats 6 update, 6.0.9, next week so will make sure we add this into that build.

Regards Richard.

PostPosted: Thu May 02, 2013 7:23 pm 

Thanks very much for your help and fast response.
Maria.

PostPosted: Fri May 03, 2013 10:37 am 
Site Admin

Hi Maria

I have had a look at the V2 PAT Certificate this morning and have replaced the “Retest Date” with the “First test Date”
I have also edited the Valid Until text to read Test Date.

This should give you a workable solution until the V6.0.9 update is released.

Ill email you the Custom Certificate which needs to be saved into your SimplyPats 6 Reports folder.

Regards Carl

PostPosted: Sat May 04, 2013 12:16 pm 

Hi Carl,

I currently use the V2 Certficate within 6.0.8 after it was recently modified to correct an error.

The current Aust/New Zealand Standard AS3760-2010 has a requirement that the retest dat has to be displayed on the tag attached to the electrical item tested.

If the person supplying the Pat service is slack/lax in notifying their client that a retest regime is due or the Clieint does not check the retest date on the tag, then the Client can also look at the Certificate to see when that testing has to be carried out. Until the retesting occurs, the Client will know from the Certificate that they have a current "Certificate of Compliance" as the retest date is usually set for the minimum retest period ie if there is a mix of retest dates then the Certificate will show the retest date according to the minimum retest period shown on the tag. If a Certificate showing a retest date is displayed in the Client's reception area any visitor to the Office will be aware that the Company is proactive in its testing as part of its overall OH&S obligations.

If a Test date is placed on the Certificate, this has no real relevance because it gives no indication when the retesting program is due or may be well overdue.

In considering your last message for this forum topic in helping Maria with the modification in 6.0.9, it could mean that there is a conflict of requirement with those downunder.

My suggestion is to leave 6.09 unchanged and provide Maria with a Custom report as you have also indicated would occur.

For further consideration.

Glenn

PostPosted: Mon May 06, 2013 12:32 am 

Hi Folks,

Apologies to all for my rant in the previous posting.

Here are two more alternative solutions whereby the V2 Certificate does not need to be changed from Valid Until date to Test date.

Alternative 1.
When the Client's file is open go to Settings, then Print Settings then Certificate and then in the Certificate Text box add text such as Testing Performed in accordance with IET Code of Practice 4th Edition on DD/MM/YYYY. This should meet the requirements of the Client as I understand the initial request from Maria. In using such wording as a standard comment even without a specified date the Client will know that the testing has been carried out in a specific manner by a competent/qualified person.

I use the Text box with similar wording to meet Downunder requirements, as mentioned in another forum request some time back.

The only problem with this solution is that the date will have to be changed every time the Client requires this Statement to be made with a specified date over and above the standard "Valid Until (retest) Date" statement on the Certificate.

Alternative 2.
Create an additional V2 Certificate within the Print choice listing specifically to meet the request from Maria and any others who have the same need within the UK.

Hope this helps.

Cheers

Glenn
(glenfer)

PostPosted: Mon May 06, 2013 9:25 pm 
Site Admin

Hi Glenn

Many thanks for your posts and for the two suggestions for alternatives. Sorry for the late reply, it's a bank holiday here and even better it's been sunny! Hence the computer has had some time off ;)

When talking about certificates below, this only relates to the single page with graphics and not any of the pass fail reports appliance registers etc.

I won't change the default way in which the certifcates are in SimplyPats (this would cause confusion and wouldnt be what alot of existing users want). The certifcates will continue to behave as they have done and include the retest date. However.

In the short term.

Carl has created a custom V2 Certificate which shows the first date of testing on the certificate. This will be uploaded to the custom reports section of the forum and can be downloaded by anyone wanting to show this first date rather than a retest date. As your Option 2 glenn.

In the longer term (when 6.0.9. is released)

I will added a tick box to the Print Settings screen to change the dates on all the certificates shown from the retest date to the first date. This will operate on all the certificates the V2 Portrait, Landscape and the original one. The default state for this new tick box will be OFF. In order to change the dates shown to the first date of test a user will have to select this feature. This will ensure for any existing users the status quo will not change.

As per your option 1 glenn i don't think people will need to mention the Code Of Practice 4th edition however the wording of retest date will change.

Hope this will be acceptable to everyone as the default will be nothing changes unless a user specifically want's it to.

Regards, Richard.

PostPosted: Tue May 07, 2013 2:51 am 

Hi Richard,

Thank you for the response.

Regards

Glenn

PostPosted: Fri Aug 02, 2013 9:50 am 

Hi,

I can't find the custom V2 certificate download in the custom reports area. Could you put it back please?

I'm using V6.0.0, and it all works fine, so I'm not keen on upgrading to a newer version - I just need a certificate without a Valid Until date.

thanks,

Ian.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 02, 2013 12:40 pm 
Site Admin

Hi Ian

The Custom PAT Certificate showing Test Date instead of Valid Until Date was never made available from in Downloads section, which is why you cannot find it.

For the benefit of people reading this post, the reference to “PAT Certificate” refers to the (mostly) graphical Certificates available in SimplyPats, these are designed as an overall certificate for the site. These are not what we refer to as PAT Reports which are the Appliance Register, PASS and FAILS Report etc.

The Report was emailed to Maria so she could test it before release, but the feature was added so quickly to the SimplyPats V6.0.9 update that anyone wanting it would just download and install the V6.0.9 update.

The Custom PAT Certificate that Maria was referring too was based on the V2 version (V2 Certificate from the Print Preview or Reports List). The suite of V2 Reports was introduced in the SimplyPats V6.0.5 update and will not have the option of selecting these in V6.0.0.

We took Maria’s request one step further and applied the option to all of the PAT Certificates now included with SimplyPats.

Changes to the Original PAT Certificate included in SimplyPats V6.0.0

I have however made changes to the original PAT Certificate included in V6.0.0 (and is still included in the latest version of SimplyPats) and emailed the file to you with install instructions.

Importance of keeping your software up-to-date

We can understand your reasons for not wanting to update your software from the original 6.0.0 release, but you are missing out on a considerable number of new features and additions, some of which you may find useful.

More importantly, the update to SimplyPats Version 6.0.9 will install 9 updates worth of Bug Fixes, yes we are the first to admit that bugs do exist due to the constant development that SimplyPats undergoes and the pace in which we undertake the development and release updates.

A full revision history for SimplyPats V6 dating back to May 2010 can be seen here viewforum.php?f=44 note the Bug Fixes are also listed.

The Update to Version 6.0.9 is also a free update if you currently have a SimplyPats V6 Licence and can be downloaded here viewtopic.php?f=52&t=803

PostPosted: Fri Aug 02, 2013 2:07 pm 

Hi Carl,

thanks for the speedy response to my post. The version you've emailed over is perfect.

thanks for your help

Ian.