SimplyPats User Forum

SimplyPats Portable Appliance Testing Software
It is currently Fri May 25, 2018 11:57 am

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post subject: Font size on main screen
PostPosted: Mon Aug 06, 2012 2:19 pm 

I many well be missing it, but is there a way to adjust the font size on the screens?

One of my staff is using the manual entry version, and in his own words is 'becoming an old fart' and his eye sight isn't what it was. is it possible to have a way to change the on screen font sizes?

thanks

Jon

PostPosted: Mon Aug 06, 2012 3:11 pm 
Site Admin

Hi Jon

Quote:
is there a way to adjust the font size on the screens?

No, there currently isn't, however certainly on the Main SimplyPats screen we could easily (i think...) add a setting to increase the font size.

Other screens such as the Manual Entry screen are sized to fit on a lower resolution screens such as a small laptop and as such might be harder to change the size of the fonts. Having said that it's something I will investigate.

Quote:
becoming an old fart

I can sympathise with this as my solution to increasingly failing eyesight is to buy bigger and bigger computer monitors, the last one being 27 inches... next stop will be to project the computer screen on the buildings opposite our office.

When I get 5 minutes I will see what we can add in before the release of 6.0.6 to help.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 07, 2012 9:25 pm 

Excellent service as ever, many thanks.

saves him having to get out the magnifying glass

PostPosted: Thu Aug 09, 2012 3:01 pm 
Site Admin

Hi Jon,

Despite purchasing a 27 inch monitor Richard still thinks the font size could be increased a bit more………

Attachment:
SPS_Large_Font.jpg
SPS_Large_Font.jpg [ 98.5 KiB | Viewed 1907 times ]

As you can see work is underway to allow users to adjust the font size of the main screen.

The control for the font size (on the main screen) will be installed in the System Settings menu, Main Screen tab.

Attachment:
font size option.jpg
font size option.jpg [ 11.25 KiB | Viewed 1904 times ]

Regards,
Lorna

PostPosted: Sat Sep 08, 2012 10:46 am 

not sure how i missed that reply, thats perfect thank you

PostPosted: Mon Sep 10, 2012 12:59 pm 
Site Admin

Hi Jon

No problems. You may also be interested in the new addition which allows you to show and hide columns on the Main Screen.

viewtopic.php?f=57&t=703

I know as my eye sight continues to fail, I am running my PC in a low resolution (1024 by 768) which makes the size of everything bigger, however when using programs like SimplyPats it restricts the number of columns visible on the main screen without using the scroll bar at the bottom to show them.

In the latest addition you can turn on or off columns and in addition show some new columns such as Class, Fuse Rating, Appliance Serial Number, Fail Reason, Notes etc. This will be handy for user using larger monitors at higher resolutions as they can display, sort and group more information on the main simplypats grid.

Regards, Richard

PostPosted: Mon Oct 22, 2012 8:54 pm 
Site Admin

PAT Testing Manual Entry Screen Size and eye sight related issues.

SimplyPats is not designed to work on a computer with the screen resolution set to 800 by 600 pixels, we have long since suggested that the minimum screen resolution requirement should be 1024 by 768 pixels.

However, we have had a user today who needs to run SimplyPats in 800 by 600 resolution because they were having trouble reading the screen with smaller fonts.

The Manual Entry screen could not be properly displayed in 800 by 600 resolution, the buttons to add tests and auto calculate results were not visible as the SimplyPats screen was to big to be displayed at that resolution.

Carl and I have re designed the screen so that it will just fit when using a computer set to 800 by 600. There is no tick box in the settings to force this change, however if you are struggling with eye sight related issues and need to run the SimplyPats program in a lower resolution please let us know. A beta version exists for the Manual Entry screen outlined above, and if there is a need for this change to be user selected then please let us know.

Richard.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 22, 2013 3:04 pm 
Site Admin

SimplyPats Usability on Higher Resolution Monitors

Just as an update to this thread, in additon to the font size changes outlined above and the ability to hide and show columns of data, there are a couple of new features being added to Version 7 to make SimplyPats more user friendly especially on larger resolution monitors.

New Toolbar and Button Icons

viewtopic.php?f=59&t=753

Showing and Hiding the panels of extra PAT Testing information and Formal Visual Inspection

viewtopic.php?f=59&t=743