SimplyPats User Forum

SimplyPats Portable Appliance Testing Software
It is currently Sun Oct 21, 2018 8:51 am

All times are UTC [ DST ]

PostPosted: Sun Jul 15, 2012 1:08 pm 

Would it be possible to include the Microwave Oven mW/cm2 figure on the 'Passes & Fails' report so that we do not have to print a separate sheet which only shows this one test figure please?

Maybe SimplyPats could display the mW/cm2 figure alongside (or below) the electrical test results?

Just a thought..

Neil

PostPosted: Sun Jul 15, 2012 3:34 pm 
Site Admin

Hi Neil, thanks for the post,

Im sure we can add the Microwave Oven mW/cm2 figure to the Passes and Fails Report, although it might be a little cramped to have along side the electrical results.

Im sure Carl who's the expert on creating Custom Pat Reports for SimplyPats can have a look at designing one. All being well we can upload it to the forum.

Regards, Richard.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 16, 2012 2:21 pm 
Site Admin

Hi Neil

Adding the Microwave Leakage result to the existing V2 Passes and Fails PAT Report shouldn’t present any issues if added in with the existing results. However adding an additional column to present this data would mean that only appliances that had the test carried out would have a reading, the other appliances would have a blank entry.

If you don’t mind the blank entries, then I can certainly look at adding the data field to the report for you.

Please let me know if this is what you are looking for?

Regards carl

PostPosted: Tue Jul 17, 2012 3:40 pm 

I was thinking of a second line, similar to the comments option that only displays when the field has text in it?

Adding a column for just one figure and compressing the other appliance test columns would not be preferred Carl.

Cheers..

PostPosted: Tue Jul 17, 2012 4:11 pm 
Site Admin

NeilC wrote:
I was thinking of a second line, similar to the comments option that only displays when the field has text in it?

Adding a column for just one figure and compressing the other appliance test columns would not be preferred Carl.

Cheers..

There are already two expandable data fields under each test; one for Fail Reason and another for Notes which only show if data is present, so its perfectly possible

The solution of adding another line under each test to accommodate the Microwave Leakage Results would require a fair amount of coding to achieve, and is therefore not something that can be added as quickly as adding another static column.

You may want to have a look at the "V2 Multi Site Passes and Fails" PAT Report already included in the software as this shows only tests that have been performed.

Please let us know if this is something that you can work with or if you would prefer a different solution.

Regards Carl

PostPosted: Wed Jul 18, 2012 1:03 pm 

Hi Carl,

The "V2 Multi Site Passes and Fails" PAT Report is a good idea but we cannot change the colours and it does not display/print by location and then appliance ID (despite changing the sort orders).

In any event, we are trying to cut down on paper to be 'green' and for 138 items, we will print around 35 pages to include certificate, appliance register, guidance and test results using the Multi site report.

Now... if only you could make the test results dynamic horizontally (instead of vertically) :wink:

I wonder... :)

Neil

PostPosted: Wed Jul 18, 2012 2:50 pm 
Site Admin

NeilC wrote:

Now... if only you could make the test results dynamic horizontally (instead of vertically) :wink:

I wonder... :)

Neil

Ok you win Neil ;) back to plan A it is.

We will have a look at adding this option for you, in fact I expect it will be added as an additional PAT Report in its own right.

It’s not something that can be quickly added to the Report as it will involve some coding as well as changes to the Report layout, however we will try to look at it in the coming days.

Regards Carl

PostPosted: Wed Jul 18, 2012 6:43 pm 
Site Admin

Microwave Oven mW/cm2 figures displayed in additon to the standard PAT test results

This afternoon I have managed a couple of hours to have a look at this and used the same code i wrote for the V2 Multi Site Passes and Fails PAT Report.

It looks like it's going to be a "goer" and will be included in the 6.0.7 update due in the next couple of months.

Im sorting out a few wierd bugs with it but once I have it more stable I will post an image of the output to make sure it does what you want.

Not sure what to call the report, V2 Passes and Fails with Microwaves sounds like a plan if a bit of a mouth full....

It will be included in the standard set of reports which now must be approaching 70 including the invoicing, maintenance lists etc.

Richard.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 19, 2012 3:47 pm 
Site Admin

Below is an example of the PAT Test Results with the Microwave test results appearing when there are some values.

Attachment:
File comment: PAT Test Results Report with Microwave Leakage Tests
Results With Microwave.jpg
Results With Microwave.jpg [ 37.29 KiB | Viewed 2346 times ]

This still may need a bit or work but will be included in the next upgrade.

Please let me know if we are on the right track.

Regards, Richard