SimplyPats User Forum

SimplyPats Portable Appliance Testing Software
It is currently Tue Oct 23, 2018 7:20 pm

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post subject: Multiple Earth Tests
PostPosted: Tue Feb 14, 2012 10:43 pm 

Hi,

Firstly thank you so much for the last report you created for me it works a treat.

I do have another request that may not be as easy to fulfill.

When testing multiway adapters, for example a 4 way extension lead, i test the earth continuity in each socket following an accident that occurred on site a year or so ago (Not equipment i tested i hasten to add) where the solid Earth connector had come astray, making the one socket in 4 have no earth connection, of course due to the law of sod that was the socket being used when the earth was required due to a fault on a piece of kit.

The Seaward Europa plus will happily take multiple earth readings and store the individual results, these aren't however carried forward in to the software.

Would it be possible therefor to take more than 1 earth reading for an appliance and be able to show this when printing the reports etc?

Many thanks again

Post subject: Re: Multiple Earth Tests
PostPosted: Wed Feb 15, 2012 7:10 pm 

I'd be up for this as well with the Megger PAT4/DV3 if possible.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 15, 2012 7:27 pm 
Site Admin

Hi Jon and Rich,

Yes you are correct as in displaying multiple continuity tests for a single appliance will not be possible at the moment.

As times move on and new PAT testers appear on the market, the number of different types of test that can be applied has increased. For example RCD ramp test on some of the latest PAT testers produce 6 results, half, once and 5 times current at 0 degress phase and the same at the 180 degree phase. Also alot of the more modern testers allow you to do multiple tests of the same type in a row.

Having said the above, development is underway (it was actually started in 2007) on a new (possibly parallel) SimplyPats product, which in addition to being able to record any number of different test types, or same test types on a single appliance, including multiple tests of the same type, will also be able to include more detailed visual type tests and the more complex RCD output.

It will also record the history of tests results over time, which I think you mentioned (jon) in a previous post.

Regards, Richard.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 16, 2012 8:41 pm 

Thats a shame that it cant be an addon to the current software, but thanks for the answer