SimplyPats User Forum

SimplyPats Portable Appliance Testing Software
It is currently Wed May 23, 2018 9:52 pm

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post subject: PAT testing retests
PostPosted: Wed Feb 08, 2012 1:27 pm 

Hi

Just a quickie, is there any chance you can add the same grouping feature on the main screen to the review customer screen. We now have a fairly large customer list and it is sometimes difficult to sort the retest information. It would be good if we could sort the information by retest date and customer at the same time if that makes sense.

Dom

Post subject: Re: PAT testing retests
PostPosted: Wed Feb 08, 2012 3:19 pm 
Site Admin

Hi Dom,

I have added a Group By Box to the review Customers screen (similar to that on the Main Data Screen) so that you can group your customers by:

Customer Name
    Address Line 1
    Retest Period
    Restest Date
    Number Of Tests

Hopefully this will help you to manage your PAT testing retest scheduling a bit easier.

Regards, Richard.

PS. We are working on a more advanced PAT Testing Scheduling Program which hopefully will make the process of managing your PAT Retesting more easy. I'll keep you posted as to how we are progressing.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 09, 2012 6:42 pm 
Site Admin

Hi Dom,

Just as an update to this thread, Carl has written a guide (FAQ) on using the Review Customers screen for managing your PAT Retests.

viewtopic.php?f=43&t=601

This shows the new Grouping feature that you asked for.

Regards, Richard.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 10, 2012 11:50 am 

Hi Richard

Sorry for the delay in posting my reply, I have been PAT testing at night over the last couple of days so I don’t cause any disruption to the company I am testing for.

I know when contacting your support hotline that the guys are always really helpful and go out of their way to solve any problems that I have had, which is not many I must add and always my fault, but I really didn’t expect you to act on my request so soon, in fact I wasn’t really expecting you to do anything at all. I an honoured that you thought my suggestion was worthy enough to be included into your software.

I have read through carls faq and found it very interesting and informative. Carl has contacted me asking if I can give it a test run for you, I believe he said he was going to send me an updated file by email. I will look forward to trying it out, once again many thanks for listening to your customers and taking on their suggestions.

Sorry if the above does not make any sense, im tired and need to catch up an sleep.

Dom