SimplyPats User Forum

SimplyPats Portable Appliance Testing Software
It is currently Tue Aug 14, 2018 9:22 am

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post subject: MacOS
PostPosted: Sun Jan 08, 2012 6:09 pm 

Hi SimplyPats

I'm considering purchasing your software but before I do wondered whether you were developing a version for either MacOS or iPad??

Regards

Paul Kent-Smith

Post subject: Re: MacOS
PostPosted: Sun Jan 08, 2012 6:20 pm 
Site Admin

Hi Paul

I can’t go into must detail about future developments, but I can say that at this present time we do not have a Mac OS specific version. We do however have a number of users using SimplyPats on Mac hardware with Windows installed at dual boot or under Parallels.

As for Portable Appliance Testing software on iPad, iPhone, Android, Blackberry or Windows Mobile 7, this is something we are looking at, but have no further information or definite release date.
If you would like further information or would like to speak with me regarding any of the above, please call support on 01326 378268 and ask for Carl.

Regards Carl

PostPosted: Sun Jan 08, 2012 6:24 pm 
Site Admin

Hi Paul

We have several users running the SimplyPats PAT Testing Software on a Apple Mac, but whilst it is not possible to run it on the Mac OS itself, there are 3rd Party solutions that allow the running of both Windows and the Mac OS on the same Mac.

I also believe with Mac OS X you can use their boot camp utility to switch into Windows. However this would mean purchasing a copy of windows as well.

As for the IPAD we have investigated writing a package for the IPAD however SimplyPats supports downloading from over 39 different Pat Testers and this is a huge task to rewrite for the IPAD.

Would you want to download to the IPAD? Or are you trying to record visual only tests or manually record the data from a non downloading tester?

Certainly if there is demand for a Apple Mac Version or IPAD Version we will certainly look at writing one.

Without helping our competitors too much! there is another third party PAT Software developer who have recently release a product for the IPAD. I have PM'd you a link to their site.

Regards, Richard.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 08, 2012 6:40 pm 

Hi Guys

Thanks for you quick responses, especially on a Sunday evening! I have parallels on my Mac so not too concerned but didn't want to purchase a PC version then find out you released a native MacOS one a month or so later!

At the moment I am looking to manually input data as I'm testing low volume sites so maybe SimplyPats could look at re-writing just a manual version for iPad. I'm happy to beta test for you ;-)

One last question, not a feature request, if I purchase the manual version now and later want to upgrade to your full software is there a discount or would it be at the full list price?

Thanks again

Paul Kent-Smith

PostPosted: Sun Jan 08, 2012 6:46 pm 
Site Admin

Hi Paul

Thanks for your offer to beta test a product, this would be especially useful.

Regarding the upgrade cost, we always charge you the difference between the purchase price of the two products, so you wouldnt lose any money! :) (Assuming you purchase direct from us rather than through one of our distributors)

It's a good idea to test the market with a manual tester and then upgrade if the demand warrants the extra expense of a downloading tester and some software to download it. We have had many SimplyPats users follow this route.

Quote:
Thanks for you quick responses, especially on a Sunday evening!

We endeavour to provide support by monitoring our forum even outside office hours (life permitting!)

Regards, Richard.

Last edited by richard on Sun Jan 08, 2012 6:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Edited January 8th 6pm to clarify 2 points.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 28, 2012 9:40 am 

Hi Guys

Slightly off topic.....

After looking at the competition (thanks for the link) I decided to buy SimplyPats mainly due to the fantastic customer service. Ordered it last night, but my only question is should I have recieved a download link by e-mail automatically? All i've had so far is my order has been submitted for processing.

Guess i'm just impatient, was going to spend the day transferring my previous test results into it

Thanks

Paul Kent-Smith

PostPosted: Sat Jan 28, 2012 11:32 am 
Site Admin

Hi Paul

I did recieve an email notification that the order had been placed and was about to fire you off a quick email explaining that your download may be delayed due to the weekend.

All orders are processed manually, however I can see you are eager to start using SimplyPats so i will get a download link to you as soon as I can later today. I'm out at the moment and don't have the download link on my smartphone.

We can process the payment on Monday and forward you your Serial Number, in the mean time you will need to licence the software manually, I'll give instructions.

Regards Carl

PostPosted: Mon Jan 30, 2012 12:10 pm 
Site Admin

Hi Paul

I see that you downloaded the software and were able to successfully licence it manually via email over the weekend.

We have processed the order and issued you a Serial Number, when you get five minutes can you please complete the Licencing of the software online, you may want to wait until you want to install it on a second PC as the software currently comes with 2 licences.

Let me know if you have any problems.

Regards Carl

PS. Thank you for the kind email regarding support, we do try our best. Also thank you for acknowledging the fact that we sent you the software before processing your payment, it isn’t something we make a habit of, but your communication and eagerness to use the software was obviously genuine.

Once again, thank you for your order.