SimplyPats User Forum

SimplyPats Portable Appliance Testing Software
It is currently Tue Oct 23, 2018 7:09 pm

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post subject: Site Addresses
PostPosted: Tue Jan 03, 2012 10:02 pm 

Is there any way to incorperate a site address into a report ? i have 3 customers who have a lot of sites and would like to include this format in the reports if possible

Company Name: Client Name

Site Name: clients site 1
Address: site address
site town
site postcode

Thanks John

A.H Electrical Services
Leicestershire

Post subject: Re: Site Addresses
PostPosted: Wed Jan 04, 2012 2:54 pm 
Site Admin

Hi John

Are all the sites for your customer held within one SimplyPats file? At the moment there is only one line of about 80 characters available for the Site within SimplyPats. And this appears as a single line usually joined with the location.

Normally you would set the Customer address for the customer in the Customer details screen and maybe use the post code or first line of the address in the Site field.

I could see this being a problem if you were testing one or two items over lots of spearate addresses e.g. where a landlord wants the appliances of his rental properties tested. In this case you wouldn't want to set the customer address for lots of SimplyPats files and print out loads of separate reports. Is this the sort of issue you are having?

We are back in the office tomorrow and I will have a look at how much of an address can be put in the site field and how this could be then formatted maybe with a custom report.

Regards, Richard.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 26, 2012 11:46 pm 

I’m using the V2 passes and fails report and a separate sheet with v2 microwave as the microwave test result doesn’t show up on the passes and fails sheet.
For me it would be good to have the site details next to the client details where the logo currently is situated and do away with the logo completely.

Thanks John

A.H Electrical Services
Leicestershire

PostPosted: Thu Mar 01, 2012 7:27 pm 
Site Admin

Hi John

I have been doing a bit of experimentation over the last couple of days into including a full address in the Site field within SimplyPats. It's early days but I think I may have a solution. I will keep you posted if it looks like it's going to be sucessful.

I have also been working on a new printed report where all the tests conducted are listed below each appliance. No matter what tests have been carried out e.g. Continuity, Insulation, Leakage, Load, Microwave, these results will be listed below the appliance. This report could be further modified to include the full Site Address if that part of my experimentation works.

Im sure if I can crack the Site Addres it would be useful for those customers who have lots of indivudal addresses, e.g. when testing a list of tennants houses for an estate agent.

Regards, Richard.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 04, 2012 9:46 pm 
Site Admin

Just as an update to this thread,

I think I have cracked storing full site addresses in SimplyPats 6 and have also designed a new report to take advantage of these Site Addresses.

Attachment:
File comment: Editing A Full PAT Testing Site Address
Edit Full Site Address.jpg
Edit Full Site Address.jpg [ 31.21 KiB | Viewed 2920 times ]

The new report also shows all the different tests conducted on an appliance in a list below the appliance details.

In the example print out the Microwave Oven has 4 different PAT tests performed on it as well as a Microwave Leakage test.

Attachment:
File comment: List Of PAT Testing Results and Full Site Address
PAT Tests With Full Site Addresses.jpg
PAT Tests With Full Site Addresses.jpg [ 36.84 KiB | Viewed 2920 times ]

Obviously this style of report has advantages over some of the other reports in SimplyPats, however it will take up more pieces of paper if you are printing it.

There is still alot of testing to do to ensure these changes havent introduced bugs elsewhere and also that the program remains stable.

The report also needs some work to tidy it up and add some separators between the appliances.

Richard

PostPosted: Thu Mar 08, 2012 10:37 pm 

silly question, as that new report looks great, but would it be possible to have it in a tabular fashion like the full details report, but only showing the test carried out? that way it shows the limits too?

PostPosted: Thu Mar 22, 2012 5:25 pm 
Site Admin

Hi John

Richard meant to reply sooner but is just too busy at the present time, plus he has now passed the Report over to me to deal with the layout etc.

Test Limits can be included without too much of a problem, so I will look at that for you.

At the moment, this is about the best we can do with regards to designing a PAT Report that has the ability to show only those tests that have been performed and will let you know when I have had chance to finalise the design and tested it out.

Regards Carl