SimplyPats User Forum

SimplyPats Portable Appliance Testing Software
It is currently Tue Aug 14, 2018 9:24 am

All times are UTC [ DST ]

PostPosted: Fri Dec 09, 2011 4:03 pm 
Site Admin

One Appliance Per Page With Photo

Following a request by a user we have decided to make 2 new custom reports available with version 6.0.6.

These are a modification of the Version 2 One Appliance Per Page and the Version 2 Current Appliance.

Both of these reports give the most detailed report on each appliance (each report taking up a whole page of A4) It includes all the Appliance Information including repairs, notes, all test results etc.

The new custom reports will in addition show a photo of the appliance (assuming you have attached one in SimplyPats by using the add photo feature!)

Below is an example of how the bottom of the report looks with the photo.

Attachment:
File comment: PAT Certificates One Appliance Per Page
PAT Certificate One Appliance Per Page.jpg
PAT Certificate One Appliance Per Page.jpg [ 35.28 KiB | Viewed 1592 times ]

We thought this report would be especially useful for all those SimplyPats users that are PAT testing in the tool hire business.

As always please let us know if you would like a beta version of these reports and the 6.0.6 build.

Richard.

PS The photo was a plug top examined by an engineer i know, the screw from the earth terminal had come loose and welded itself between the fuse holder and the earth pin..... :shock: The rest of the wiring of the plug didn't look too clever either!

PostPosted: Fri Dec 09, 2011 5:48 pm 
Site Admin

Just noticed an obvious error with the example report above.

Free packet of biscuits to the first person that points out my deliberate error!

The free reports can be downloaded here, however they will not work until you have a copy of SimplyPats 6.0.6.

viewforum.php?f=49

Richard

PostPosted: Sat Dec 10, 2011 12:35 pm 

Well Richard here goes

1) The plug wiring which is obviously wired appallingly seems to be a Class 2 item (no signs of the earth cable), therefore if this was the case, the report is showing that a continuity had been carried out
2) The overall result had been recorded as a Pass, when obviously the photograph is certainly showing a differenct picture(humm)
3) Result for Continuity exceed the values stated under the CofP (assuming that the asset was a Class 2 asset), reading looking like 0.75 (recorded Pass)
4) Assuming that I was correct in the asset being tested was a Class 2 item, then it would have also failed on leakage as the result recorded is 2.00 (should have failed as the limit for this being 0.25, (Class 2))
5) Insultaion limit looks like 10.00 (really!!) Class 1 being 1.0 and Class 2 being 2.0!

So can I claim my free delivered packet of biscuits :D , I am partial to choc’y ones :lol: :lol:

All in accordance with The IEE CofP
www.handselectrical.co.uk

PostPosted: Sat Dec 10, 2011 5:50 pm 
Site Admin

Quote:
2) The overall result had been recorded as a Pass, when obviously the photograph is certainly showing a differenct picture(humm)

Yes - i just attached the photo to the first asset in my test file.

Obviously the data and the appliance do not tie up!

I'll obviously buy a packet of chocolate biscuits... if Carl doesnt eat them before we send them to you ;)

Regards, Richard