SimplyPats User Forum

SimplyPats Portable Appliance Testing Software
It is currently Fri Aug 17, 2018 6:38 pm

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post subject: Envelopes
PostPosted: Tue Oct 25, 2011 2:11 pm 

Hi , would it be possible to create some sort of envelope button, possibly linked from the invoice, whereby the name and address of the client can be printed directly on to an envelope. I'm not sure if the information could be gathered and sent to the printer (similar to a copy and paste) or if it would be possible to specify an envelope size within simpypats itself etc. Either way would be a great help.

Many thanks

Nick

Post subject: Re: Envelopes
PostPosted: Tue Oct 25, 2011 2:42 pm 
Site Admin

Hi Nick

Firstly, I believe Lorna has emailed you the Custom Certificate Report with the changes you requested (Company Logo embedded and colours changed to match you company colours).

With regards to the envelope and the printing of the customer or invoicee address, I can’t see a problem implementing this feature.

I was wondering however if printing on labels would be a better option as users are then free to use various size envelopes. Obviously this would mean investing in a DYMO or similar label printer.

Either way I can certainly look at a common envelope size and look at designing a report around it.

Let me know what size envelope you are using or if you prefer the label method.

Regards Carl

PostPosted: Wed Oct 26, 2011 7:02 pm 

Hi Carl. yes I received the revised certificate and I have to say it looks fantastic, so many thanks for that . Regarding the envelopes, we tend to use DL for invoicing and letters and C4 for reports and certificates. Labels might be the easiest option, as you say, and if it could just pull the customer name and address info to place on to a label, that would be great.
thanks once again for a great service

Nick

PostPosted: Thu Oct 27, 2011 1:50 pm 
Site Admin

Hi Nick

We will have a look at a template for the DYMO label Writer (Address Labels 99012), as we use these in the office.

Another option is to have a Copy to Clipboard button that will allow you to copy and paste the Customer or Invoicee address into any other software.

Either way, we will look at this and update this post when we have a working solution.

Regards Carl