SimplyPats User Forum

SimplyPats Portable Appliance Testing Software
It is currently Wed May 23, 2018 9:54 pm

All times are UTC [ DST ]

PostPosted: Tue Oct 04, 2011 9:53 am 

Good day Team.
Not sure whether we spoke about this idea or no.

When printing out the Certificate would it be possible to have the Certificate number automatically increase to the next number. I would presume that it would have to be alphanumeric to meet other users setting. But I see that really this is already completed under the print settings options by using both Prefix and Number boxes. This would ensure that the Certificate is unique to the results being printed out it.

Also it would be advantageous to automatically stamp somewhere the unique Certificate number to the each results page selected by the user therefore ensuring that the certificate used / displayed by the customer is only relevant to the last Test administered.

Look forward to your comments?

Steve. :D

All in accordance with The IEE CofP
www.handselectrical.co.uk

PostPosted: Tue Oct 04, 2011 9:36 pm 
Site Admin

Hi Steve, thanks for the post.

Quote:
would it be possible to have the Certificate number automatically increase to the next number

Yes I think this is a good idea and I believe has been raised before?

It could work in the same way as the Invoice Number, where you are prompted if you want to increase it after printing.

Adding the PAT test certificate number to the other reports would also be possible.

However..... I can think of one technical issue which maybe be a harder nut to crack. Where you create a print sequence and include the certificate in the sequence, I am not sure whether users would want to be prompted mid sequence whether they wanted to change the number. I guess they could be prompted at the end of the sequence, however I will have to look at what implications this may cause. When printing a sequence as you know a lot of stuff is being automated (so saving you time) including the ability to create a single PDF and automatically attach it to an email.

I am still hoping to get the next SimplyPats upgrade 6.0.5. out this month, but will definitely add it to my list of features to look at in the next upgrade.

Regards, Richard.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 05, 2011 9:40 am 

Hi Richard
Many thanks for your reply and interesting comments, knowing that adding items has possible implications.

Just thought that users printing off both the results in whatever format they decide to use, and the Certificate, don’t have any real link other than the date, whether it arrived/sent by email or snail mail, or your PDF option of a single document.

By having a unique attached /stamped Certificate number to all printed documents closes that loop.

Look forward to the updates :wink:

Steve.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 04, 2012 4:53 pm 
Site Admin

Hi Steve

I have just added this to the revision history for SimplyPats 6.0.7

Quote:
2) When printing either an original PAT testing certificate or the version 2 PAT Certificate, you are now prompted if you would like to automatically increment the certificate number. This will occur if you print a single certificate, or you print a certificate as part of an automatic print sequence of pat testing reports.

We are going to have to test this thoroughly but please let us know if you would like an interim beta version.

Regards Richard.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 04, 2012 7:58 pm 

Hi Rich

Many thanks for sorting this out, as I feel that it would be a great help to me and other users. The number of times I have saved and carried out a print sequence out only to find that i have forgot to update the certificate number. This will I am sure save me time, money in ink and paper , without the need to engage my brain. :shock:

If you want me to assist in testing this out in the field, I would be more than happy to blag an interim beta version :wink:

Cheers

Steve.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 04, 2012 8:08 pm 
Site Admin

Hi Steve

Quote:
Many thanks for sorting this out

No probs, sorry it took so long, as it turned out most of the code was written, however was only working on a single print for the old version 1 of the pat testing certificate.

I will do a interim build tomorow so that the support guys can put it on our server for you to download.

Thanks for testing this, as always beta testing before release is a great help.

Regards Richard

PostPosted: Wed Jul 11, 2012 9:28 pm 

I'm just going to go round the posts saying thanks :)

I've been wanting an auto increase on the certificate myself as I tend to print it off then have to
go back to increase it and print again. Not a hardship but this will still be a welcome addition.

Steve

PostPosted: Thu Jul 12, 2012 5:42 pm 
Site Admin

Hi Steve (Perthshire) and Steve (St Austell)

Many thanks both for the feedback, I am still hoping to get an interim build out soon as the testing that Lorna has done of the certificate auto numbering seems to be ok. However it may be delayed a bit as I have given some other pieces of the code a stir and it is critical that these are tested thoroughly.

Also,

Quote:
would it be advantageous to automatically stamp somewhere the unique Certificate number to the each results page selected by the user therefore ensuring that the certificate used / displayed by the customer is only relevant to the last Test administered.

Would this still be useful? Could this be part of the header for the Version 2 Reports in the section where the signature is etc?

Regards, Richard.