SimplyPats User Forum

SimplyPats Portable Appliance Testing Software
It is currently Wed May 23, 2018 9:54 pm

All times are UTC [ DST ]

PostPosted: Sun Oct 02, 2011 9:16 am 

Hi guys,
Is it possible to add a location column to the Appliance Register?
When revisiting a client I carry the Passes and Fail report which lists appliances firstly by location.
It would be handy to have a list of appliances in ID order that also showed the location.
The Appliance Register already lists in ID order and appears to have the space on the form.

I know I could do this in Excel but I'm lazy. :)

PostPosted: Sun Oct 02, 2011 6:51 pm 
Site Admin

Hi Rich

Yes certainly possible to do a custom Appliance Register report with a location column. This should not take too much time to do.

There is the V2 Appliance register Grouped, which is grouped by site and location but did you want the location and or site listed all the way down?

Regards, Richard.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 03, 2011 2:21 pm 
Site Admin

Hi Rich

The SimplyPats V2 Appliance Register PAT Report already includes the Site and location beneath each Appliance in a slightly smaller font.

The V2 Appliance Register Grouped PAT Report is slightly different as the information or Appliances in this case are primarily grouped by Location and ordered as such.

The V2 Appliance Register certainly contains all of the information you require and will list the Appliances by Appliance Id if required. Whether the fact that each Appliance takes up slightly more space and that the Site as well as location are both listed under the Appliance is ok for your needs is for you to decide.

I certainly don’t mind re-arranging the fields on the V2 Appliance Register to try and get the location on the same line if this is preferred.

If you are referring to the original older Appliance Register, then I will need to add the data field and code to show the location to the report, this can be added to the Version 6.0.5 update due to be released shortly if this is what you want.

Let me know if the V2 Appliance Register is ok, or if you would like me to edit the original older Appliance Register and add the Location.

Regards Carl

PostPosted: Tue Oct 04, 2011 8:53 pm 

Hi Carl, I was using the older style reports. I've just looked at the V2 Appliance Register and that'll be fine.
Thanks for the pointer.
Might be an idea to include it in the older report if anybody uses them?

Looking at V2, There's quite a large space for the Appliance Description. Anyone think having the appliance serial number put underneath in the style of the "Site - Location" is a good idea?

Does anyone bother recording serial numbers? I realise it takes time to record these and with the Appliance ID you have the unique identifier. I personally feel it helps the client with an asset register plus where identical appliances exist you can be sure your ID is on the appliance you put it on :wink:

PostPosted: Thu Oct 06, 2011 3:49 am 

Quote:
Does anyone bother recording serial numbers? I realise it takes time to record these and with the Appliance ID you have the unique identifier. I personally feel it helps the client with an asset register plus where identical appliances exist you can be sure your ID is on the appliance you put it on

I would love to be able to do appliance serial numbers as well but apart from a company that I used to test for on Hourly rate basis I find there just isnt enough time as its all about cheapness and I would rather miss serial numbers off then have rush the testing and miss something, having said that on ongoing contracts i do often add information to the database over the years so sometimes do end up with serial numbers for a lot of the items

PostPosted: Thu Oct 06, 2011 10:45 am 
Site Admin

Adding the Serial Number of the Appliance isn’t a problem and I will certainly look at adding it to the Appliance Register PAT Report when we release the next update.

I may make it available as a Custom Report, giving people the option to use it or not.

If enough users want the Site and Location included on the original older Reports, I will certainly add it.

As always, thanks for the input and feedback.

Carl