SimplyPats User Forum

SimplyPats Portable Appliance Testing Software
It is currently Tue Oct 23, 2018 8:08 pm

All times are UTC [ DST ]

PostPosted: Sat Aug 27, 2011 10:42 pm 

Hi guys, I use a netbook with a small screen. The section that displays the actual results for the various tests are somewhat spread out. I think its because some tests are not carried out so a blank line is displayed.
For example theres a gap between "visual" and "continuity" and another 3 blank lines from "Leakage" to "load".
Viewing space is at a premium on the netbook and it would save me having to scroll to view all of the results if the blanks where removed.
Realise I can alter the size of each pane.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 29, 2011 10:36 pm 
Site Admin

Hi Rich

A classic example of why we need feedback from you guys, the users. We run SimplyPats all day every day (well during development and support) but don’t really use it day to day in the same way as you, which is why it is sometimes easy to overlook niggles such as this.

I think overlook is probably a bit strong in this instance as it isn’t something that we would naturally think of from day to day use on much larger monitors, however saying that, netbooks are becoming increasingly popular as I expect Windows tablets will be when they finally take off.

I think we have already addressed the issue that you are talking about, however I don’t think it came around due to the fact of screen real estate on netbooks, I think it was just a request. Anyway, look under Settings > System Settings > Main Screen Tab, you will see the option to Hide Skipped Tests, just tick the box.

Please let us know if this is what you were referring to.

Regards Carl

PostPosted: Wed Aug 31, 2011 7:39 pm 

Hi Carl,
Yes that's the area but having the "hide skipped tests" ticked just hides the words and leaves a blank line.
It is these blank lines that I would like removed.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 01, 2011 10:40 am 
Site Admin

Hi Rich

I will have a word with Richard to see if the blank entries can be removed, therefore shifting any test results up so they appear one after each other.

I don’t know if this is going to be possible to achieve technically as there may be restraints in the way the PAT Test results are displayed, the fields may well be fixed with technical restraints on the way we are able to display the data.

We will get back to you soon and let you know via this forum thread.

Regards Carl

PostPosted: Sun Sep 25, 2011 6:12 pm 
Site Admin

Hi Rich

Sorry for the delay on getting back to this thread and having a look at what could be done.

I looked at this issue when you raised it but couldnt at the time work out an easy solution, however having had a couple of hours this afternoon I think I have solved it.

Must admit I think it makes the Main Screen with the PAT testing Results look a whole lot better, and if (as you are) using a netbook or smaller screen it will save some much needed space.

I will include this amendment in the next upgrade 6.0.5 (just needs a bit of testing to make sure its working ok and not broken something else by adding it.)

As always, let me know if you need a beta version of 6.0.5, although Im keen that the next upgrade is released in the next couple of weeks.

Regards, Richard.

As before you need to tick the Hide Skipped Tests check box in the System Settings Screen, Main Screen tab

Attachment:
File comment: PAT Test Results Hiding Skipped Tests
PAT Test Results Hiding Skipped Tests.jpg
PAT Test Results Hiding Skipped Tests.jpg [ 27.13 KiB | Viewed 1915 times ]

PostPosted: Tue Sep 27, 2011 4:22 pm 

Excellent work Richard. I'll be up for a go on the beta version when you're ready.