Quick Books 40%  40%  [ 4 ]
TurboCash 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
MYOB 30%  30%  [ 3 ]
Other 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
Im not bothered - I don't invoice 10%  10%  [ 1 ]
Total votes : 10
PostPosted: Mon Mar 01, 2010 12:51 pm 
Site Admin

I have been considering for a while looking at the integration of the SimplyPats invoicing with accountancy / book keeping software on the market. This could be quite a time consuming taks (if possible at all) and also can involve us spending money both one off cost and on going in order to get technical support from the companies that produce this software.

To this end, I thought Id run a poll over the next couple of months to see if there is any demand, and also which packages are being used.

Richard

PostPosted: Mon Mar 01, 2010 2:14 pm 

Hi Richard,

I have responded by ticking the "Other" box.

The software I use is MYOB and would possibly be used by a large number from Australia. Similar to the Quicken products but easier to use.

Cheers

Glenn

PostPosted: Mon Mar 01, 2010 2:18 pm 
Site Admin

Ah thanks Glenn - I should have asked people to post what other software they use if it is Other - I will add it to the list just incase there are others using it. Havent heard of MYOB here - I will do some research.

Cheers, Richard

PostPosted: Mon Mar 01, 2010 2:28 pm 

Richard,

Try http://www.myob.com.au . MYOB is short for Mind Your Own business.

Glenn

PostPosted: Thu Jan 24, 2013 2:34 pm 

Sorry to ressurect an old thread.....but....

Im currently looking at bookkeeping/accounting software solutions and I recall seeing something where a request for a back office aspect of SPS had been posted... atleast I THINK I've seen a thread on such a topic....

Richard,

Did anything come of this?

Can anyone recomend a software/accounting solution for a sole trader small business (aware of Sage Instant Accounts) focusing on low cost and simplicity?

Regards,

Allan

PostPosted: Thu Jan 24, 2013 2:53 pm 
Site Admin

Hi Allan,

We never persued automating invoice packages with data from SimplyPats as there didnt seem an overwhelming demand for it.

Also, the licence costs involved of gaining access to some accountancy packages (we have to pay them initially and then annually for information and access to their data) was for some a 4 figure sum!

regarding accountancy packages, we use sage here to do our accounts, however i know alot of businesses that use quick books.

I also beleive there are some web based systems that have been developed in the past few years, im not sure how good they are, and for me Im not sure i would want my data stored on a web server unless I had backups and access to it locally. maybe thats just me being a luddite....

Anyone else got any recommendations on accountancy / book keeping software?

regards, Richard.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 26, 2013 7:56 pm 

Hi Richard
I use Quickbooks which is purchased like Simply Pats
I found with a lot of other packages you purchase a licence and pay a regular fee to use them.

Cheers Clive :wink:

PostPosted: Tue Jan 29, 2013 2:27 pm 
Site Admin

Hi Clive

Ive not used Quickbooks however I have heard alot of good comments about it.

Quote:
I found with a lot of other packages you purchase a licence and pay a regular fee to use them.

Yes this seems to be a common model with accountancy software. When we started SimplyPats some 13 years ago I wondered whether to adopt a similar method, however the software at that time was bundled with a single pat tester being sold by a electrical distributor and they wanted to have a one of payment for the product.

We have never really charged for support with SimplyPats, however that does make us always reliant on new sales, just before christmas we had 4 people ring up in a week that had been using the software for 12 years.... one being our very first user. :)

Maybe in the future we may offer the software at a very reduced price (maybe even free) with a yearly support fee? or some of subscription based method.

Regards, Richard.