SimplyPats User Forum

SimplyPats Portable Appliance Testing Software
It is currently Tue Aug 14, 2018 9:22 am

All times are UTC [ DST ]

PostPosted: Thu Jun 24, 2010 3:32 pm 

Hi Richard,

I have made contact with Carl and after a slight modification the report is working well.

There may be other Forum members and other SP users who may have a preference for the orientation of the report into landscape layout.

Thank you for the quick reponses from yourself and Carl.

Cheers

Glenn

PostPosted: Thu Jun 24, 2010 3:40 pm 
Site Admin

Hi Glenn

I asked Carl if he wouldnt mind looking at the report for you (he likes amending reports! poor man ;)) - glad it's all sorted. We both remarked yesterday how good this landscape pat testing report looks. As you say, im sure it will be of interest to other users, when we get 5 minutes we will make it available for other users on the fourm.

I will write a self install prgram so that it will copy the reports to the right location without having to copy and paste SimplyPats custom report files.

Regards, Richard.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 25, 2010 2:11 am 

Hi Richard,

Some additional thoughts for consideration on providing the landscape version.

You recently made changes in SP6 and provided an option for the "Manual Entry" of results screen using landscape rather than portrait due to the changing screen sizes from 4:3 to 16:9 ratios.
What I found in using the old portrait orientation of the Passes and Fails results report I either had to change the screen pixel size or scroll across the page to see all the results for a particular item. I also had to scroll down the page to see the balance of the results. The portrait version also forced the item description to wrap to the next line.
What I now find with the landscape version is that I can see the full "line result" and I can also see a full page of readable results on the wide screen although there now may be two pages as compared to a single page. A small price to pay.

Regards Glenn

PostPosted: Tue Nov 02, 2010 3:23 pm 

Hi Richard,

The landscape version of the Passes and Fails Report is still working OK.

On another issue, when setting up the SP software by going to Settings - Print Setup - Passes and Fails there is an option box to Show Fails in Red. Can that same option be made available for Show Notes in Red?

Regards
Glenfer

PostPosted: Tue Nov 02, 2010 4:12 pm 
Site Admin

Hi Glenn

Yes that shouldnt be a problem to print the Notes out in Red also. I will have to refresh my memory with the printing of Fail reason and Notes as with all the additions to the software over the years the code has become a bit complicated.

I assume you would like this to happen on the Lanscape Pat Testing Reports for Passes, Fails and Passes and Fails?

I did have a look at this last week for a user who wanted the Fail Reasons printed in Red, and the Notes Printed in Blue, all the rest of the text in Black.

Im wondering if I should add a colour selector for Fail Reason and Notes rather than just a tick box?

Anyway, when I get 5 minutes I will try and get my head around whats happening at the moment to see if we can extend what options are available.

Regards, Richard.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 03, 2010 12:44 am 

Hi Richard,

Seems somebody else has been having the same thoughts about the Notes Comments in trying to have them highlighted for the specific asset.
I suppose the use of blue or some other distinctive bright colour will highlight those comments whereas red could be interpreted as part of the fail reason/comments. Black could be and sometimes is construed as part of the Asset/Appliance Description. I don't see the need for a colour box selection as you have suggested, however, there could be a SP user who may be colour blind to a pre determined fixed colour.
Thank you so far. I am not in a desparate hurry to have the option. I have thrown the request in for consideration as a possible future option.

Cheers

Glenn

PostPosted: Fri Apr 19, 2013 1:03 pm 

Hi Richard,

This request will probably be too late for the next SP6 version, however, could consideration be given for the SP 7 version.

In "Print Results" there is an option of "Exporting" to either Microsoft Word or Excel. If that option is used, the file is created as a "XXXX.doc" format file or a "YYY.xls" format file.

Now that many people may have upgraded to Microsoft Office 2007 or 2010 or the latest version of 2013 from Office 2003 or earlier, would it be possible to have the export options changed to the latest formats ie "XXX.docx" file or "YYY.xlsx" file?

For consideration.

Regards

Glenn

PostPosted: Mon Apr 22, 2013 9:27 pm 
Site Admin

Hi Glenn

Regarding exporting in docx and xlsx format for those people using Microsoft Office 2007 or 2010. I will have a look at this although I don't think it will be possible in the near future.

The export of reports thought the Print screens is done by a widget we have purchased to provide the print preview and reporting within SimplyPats. Whilst the company have upgraded their widget to provide docx an xlsx support, we cannot easily use this widget within the existing SimplyPats software.

I will have a look to see if there is a work around for SimplyPats and certainly for a new piece of software we are developing to take over the retest management functions of test and tag / pat testing we will include it.

In the meantime the .doc and xls format of exports are readable by Microsoft Word Office 97 and above.

Regards, Richard.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 23, 2013 3:18 am 

Hi Richard,

The idea was a rush of blood to the head as I use the Excel export quite a bit.

Thank you for the response.

Glenn