SimplyPats User Forum

SimplyPats Portable Appliance Testing Software
It is currently Fri Aug 17, 2018 6:37 pm

All times are UTC [ DST ]

PostPosted: Sun Feb 28, 2010 5:22 am 

Hi Richard/Carl/Ron,

In selecting "Print Results" in Version 5.2.9 for a "Report of Passed and Failed Appliances for all Sites and Locations" there does not appear to be an option of selecting/changing the page orientation from Portrait to Landscape. Unless the option is hidden elsewhere in "Settings etc." this option can only be achieved once the report has been exported to Excel or Word.

Does Version 6 have this ability? If not, can it be included in a future update?

Cheers

Glenn
(Glenfer)

PostPosted: Sun Feb 28, 2010 6:06 pm 
Site Admin

Hi Glenn, thanks for the post.

Currently in either Version 5 or Version 6 there is not option to automatically allow the printing of reports in landscape format. Im also not sure (until I delve into the code) whether custom reports could easily be made to allow landscape. Obbviously it is possible since the Certificate is being printed in landscape.

On monday I'll have a quick look at the code and see what it would take to achieve this. I don't think at the end of the day I will put it in as a user option as it would mean duplicating all 18 reports. However it should be possible to produce a suite of custom reports to do this. Carl is the expert on producing custom reports - so Ill let him know as well.

Now writing this post to you I have suddnly remembered that this is possible - (somthing to do with scripts held within a custom report that can enforce a landscape setting).

Would you just like the Passes / Fails and Passes and Fails Report in this format?

As you are probably aware we our now only devloping Version 6, however the custom reports may well work fine with Version 5 as the printing mechanism is unchanged.

Regards, Richard.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 01, 2010 8:11 am 

Hi Richard,

Thank you for the quick response.

My current time is approximately 5-45 pm on Monday 1 March 2010 and my computer tells me that it is 6-45 am your time.

3 issues from your message.

a) I did not expect a quick response for at least another 3 hours to correspond with your normal start of day on Monday. It is really appreciated. As stated in other parts of the Forum, you and others are providing a great service with a quick return time. I look at the Forum quite regularly and it amazes me at some of the times questions are responded too, in relation to my actual time. I don't think your group sleep at times.

b) In relation to the landscape report, the report I would like to use is the Report of passed and failed appliances for all sites and locations. I tried decreasing the side margins for the purpose of increasing the Description field to reduce the wrapping of text onto the next line and found that the print out extended sideways onto a separate page ie the report became two pages wide. Hence the idea of being able to have the option of landscape.

c) I am interested in acquiring a copy of version 6. I have already asked Carl (20 Feb 2010) by separate email on the easiest way, for both parties, on acquiring, after payment, from you the upgrade version. Metrotest in New Zealand have advised me to deal directly with you.

Once again thank you.

Regards

Glenn
(login Glenfer)

PostPosted: Mon Mar 01, 2010 12:07 pm 
Site Admin

Hi Glenn

First of all thanks for your kind comments regarding our speed of service. Both carl and I try and look at the forum outside normal working ours especially so we can provide support for our New Zealand and Australian users. Whilst we don't formally work outside normal UK business hours, our software is our livelyhood and so its in our interest to provide as best support as we can.

I will ask Carl today to look at the landscape for the Passes Fails and Passes and Fails report, using the extra width to extend the length of the description field.

Regarding upgrading, I don't think you will need to upgrade to use the landscape reports, however if or when you wish to upgrade you can use this link to our New zealand / Australian shopping page.

http://www.simplypats.co.uk/simplypats_ ... _nz_au.htm

When Carl has had a chance to look at the reports Im sure he will add to this post.

Regards, Richard.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 01, 2010 2:10 pm 

Hi Richard,

I suppose where we have the advantage of seeing a quick reply is due to the time difference ie when we sleep you work and answer our queries/ problems and in reverse when you sleep we can view the responses.

Thanks again.

Glenn

PostPosted: Mon Mar 01, 2010 10:52 pm 
Site Admin

Hi Glenn

Out of curiosity I decided to have a look at doing the Passes And Fails Report, Passes Report and Fails Report in Landscape tonight. (I have some time, not being at work ;))

I seem to have accomplished that fairly easily. Im working on SimplyPats Version 6 so tommorow I will pass the reports over to Carl just so he can check them on a copy of Version 5. If they still work fine then I'll ask him to put them on the web site so that you can download them.

Normally I would make a self installing program that will automatically deploy to the correct folder on your pc. (C:\Program Files\SimplyPats 5\Reports) However there is not point doing this until you have checked them.

Carl will probably put them on the web site as a single zip file. Are you familiar with dealing with zip files and extracting the contents? In windows XP and above it's fairly straight forward.

Simply copy the follwing files from the zip to your C:\Program Files\SimplyPats 5\Reports folder.

Passes Report.rpx
    Fails Report.rpx
    Passes And Fails Report.rpx

When you then run SimplyPats and go to the Print Screen, it should show a tick box showing you have custom reports loaded for the Passes and Fails etc. You can toggle between the default report and the custom ones by ticking / unticking the Custom Reports tick box.

Ill get Carl to email you with the link once he has check that they work ok with SimplyPats Version 5

Regards Richard.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 02, 2010 8:15 am 

Hi Richard,

Thank you again for the quick response.

Regards

Glenn

PostPosted: Tue Mar 02, 2010 5:28 pm 
Site Admin

Hi Glenn,

We have checked the reports that I created last night work with SimplyPats Version 5. Everything seems to be ok. I have asked Carl to email them to you so you can check them over.

Let me know if they are OK or you need the layout altering at all.

Regards, Richard.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 03, 2010 4:30 am 

Hi Richard,

I have tested the report and I am exteremely pleased with it for several reason:

a) the appliance description field no longers wraps onto the next line;
b) will save time in not having to adjust an excel file to give the same appearance;
c) If others are able to see the report then I am sure they would want to use it as well. It is suggested that it be added as an optional choice within later versions of SP6.

Thank you for the quick response.

regards

Glenn

PostPosted: Wed Mar 03, 2010 1:04 pm 
Site Admin

Hi Glenn, Thanks for the feedback

Glad the reports are what you wanted. Let us know if there is any tweaking required to finish them off. When I get 5 minutes, I will build an install package for them so that they can be downloaded from web site.

Regards, Richard.

Post subject: Printing a Certificate
PostPosted: Thu Mar 04, 2010 6:38 am 

Hi Richard,

In printing a certificate, text can be added via print setup/ certificate text setup. I have now used it for a particular client.

Is the field length for comments (certificate text) limited to a fixed number of characters?

Regards

Glenn

Post subject: Length of Certicate Text
PostPosted: Thu Mar 04, 2010 12:10 pm 
Site Admin

Hi Glen

Yes the extra text in the Certificate text is limited to 160 characters (in both SimplyPats version 5 and Version6). I can edit this to make it longer, however it may cause the text to overlap some of the other fields on the certificate.

Regards, Richard

PostPosted: Thu Mar 04, 2010 12:52 pm 

Hi Richard,

Thank you for the response.

I will contact you at a later date if needed as a one-off for another client.

Regards

Glenn

PostPosted: Tue Jun 22, 2010 3:53 pm 

Hi Richard,

The landscape customised version of the "Passes and Fails Report' is working fine in SP6.

In downloading results from the Alphapat, the "*.pat" file picks up the "retest period" and the calculated "restest date", however, when I go to "file-print" and select the "Pass and Fail report", the restest period and retest date drops out. The same happens if I select "Export to Excel". The retest date has to be maually entered.

Is it possible to "tweek" (your comment March 3rd) both these reports so that the retest date is automatically calculated and is displayed?

Cheers

Glenn

PostPosted: Tue Jun 22, 2010 4:42 pm 
Site Admin

Hi Glenn

Im not sure if Im understanding you correctly - is it on your landscape Passes and Fails Report that the retest report isn't showing the Retest Period?

Can you email Carl one of your PAT files (we will obvioulsy have a copy of the landscape pat testing reports) and I will try and sort it out.

I will have to familiarise myself with the reports!

Regards, Richard.