SimplyPats User Forum

SimplyPats Portable Appliance Testing Software
It is currently Sat Sep 23, 2017 8:31 am

All times are UTC [ DST ]

PostPosted: Sat Mar 27, 2010 7:47 am 

Hi Folks,

Having followed the instructions for the upgrade from SP5 to SP6 and pressing the "Submit Details" button after:-

a. entering the provided Serial number in the appropriate box (recognition being that the last character is alpha whereas all other characters are numeric);
b. copying and the pasting the license number,

an error message in red stating "Serial Number UnFound - Please contact Support" appeared above the serial number box rather than going to the verification section as indicated in the installation instructions.

The same message has now appeared three times after uninstalling SP6 twice and then making another attempt at the installation.

My computer operating system is Windows Vista.

When convenient please advise.

Regards

(Glenfer)

PostPosted: Mon Mar 29, 2010 12:40 am 
Site Admin

Hi Glenfer

I have sent you an email with some LIcence Codes to try based on the LIcence Numbers you sent in an earlier email, give those a try.

Apologies for the problems, i think it was my fault for not updating the database with your upgrade information :oops:

I will certainly sort it out when i get in the office later today.

Regards Carl

PostPosted: Mon Mar 29, 2010 11:55 am 

Hi Carl,

Thank you for the information, particularly over the weekend.

After a few additional adjustments the software is now licenced.

Regards

Glenfer

Post subject: Re: Downloading PAT 420
PostPosted: Sun Feb 27, 2011 10:37 pm 

I have purchased a PAT 420 tester which I cannot get to download. It is now at 16% memory and am desperate to download to computer. How do I get this to happen, I cannot find any instructions. Do you need my user licence?
Regards
John

PostPosted: Mon Feb 28, 2011 9:01 am 
Site Admin

Hi John and thanks for your post.

Download from the Megger PAT 420 is done via a USB Memory stick.

Transfer the data in CSV format to the USB Memory stick, plug the USB Memory stick into your computer and run SimplyPats. On the File Menu choose Open File and change the File Type to Megger PAT410, PAT420, PAT450, now navigate to the file USB Memory stick where you should see the file(s) that you want to open, click on it and choose open.

If you get stuck, please call support Monday morning, i am sorry i can not offer more detailed information from the Megger PAT side, as i do not have the PAT420 on me at this time.

Regards Carl

PostPosted: Mon Feb 28, 2011 3:43 pm 
Site Admin

Hi John,
Following on from Carl’s post;

The Megger PAT 400 Series Instruction Manual section 7 (DATA – Test results and data transfer) will provide you with the technical help to export your data to USB memory stick.

To export your data, plug in your USB memory stick and navigate to the ‘Data’ tab on the main screen. Select ‘Export Results to USB’, name the file and click OK. Then select ‘Backup to USB’ and follow the instructions.

Please save your backup files somewhere safe.

To open the Exported data in SimplyPats plug your USB memory stick into your PC and open SimplyPats. In the ‘File Menu’ choose ‘Open File’ and change the File Type to Megger PAT410, PAT420, PAT450. Now navigate to the CSV file you have just exported from the Megger tester and select it to open.

I hope this helps but let me know if this doesn’t work.

Regards,
Lorna

PostPosted: Wed Mar 09, 2011 2:45 am 

Hi Guys thanks for your help with downloading. I have managed to be able to view results but cannot get them into a certificate. Have been on it for the last 4 hours, read all I can find. Can you help? I am sure it is something simple but my computer skills are weak.
Thanks
john Manwarring

PostPosted: Wed Mar 09, 2011 3:00 am 
Site Admin

Hi John

Have you got the test results displayed in SimplyPats? (I'm not even sure if you are using our software?)

If so, click on the File Menu at the top of the SimplyPats screen, then select the Print Results option. You will see a Print Results print preview screen, just select the report you want from the Preview Report list. There are 17 different reports to chose from (30 in the latest version of the SimplyPats software.)

If you have loaded the Megger CSV file from a pen drive you may want to resave the SimplyPats file to your computer before doing any editing or printing.

Hope this helps, its 2am here so I'm slowing down a bit! If you get completely stuck we can arrange a time to phone you (allowing for time differences!)

Regards, Richard.