SimplyPats User Forum

SimplyPats Portable Appliance Testing Software
It is currently Fri Aug 17, 2018 6:36 pm

All times are UTC [ DST ]

PostPosted: Thu Oct 15, 2015 8:47 pm 

Tried installing on Windows 7 PC and the program doesn't run properly. Click Start, Run, sps and get an error message regarding MenuEx.ocx
Any ideas?

PostPosted: Fri Oct 16, 2015 11:54 am 
Site Admin

SimplyPats OCX / DLL Errors

If you receive an OCX or DLL error when trying to run SimplyPats please try the following:

Backup any data and uninstall SimplyPats Version 6 via the uninstaller from the SimplyPats Version 6 Start Menu or Windows Control Panel (Add/Remove Programs / Programs and Features).

Again, remember to backup and data prior to doing an uninstall.

Go to the Common Files Folder and Delete the SimplyPats Folder

Delete the SimplyPats folder in the Common Files Folder (DO NOT Delete the whole Common Files Folder), this should be in one of the two folders depending on your Operating System:

C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\

Or

C:\Program Files\Common Files\

Next, re-install SimplyPats Version 6

Re-install SimplyPats from your original CD or download file if you have access to the Digital Download. Either way we would recommend that you Right Mouse Click on the installer file and choose Run As Administrator if this option is available.

If you do not have the option to Run As Administrator, just run the installer normally by double clicking on it or run it from the download link.
This should re-deploy the files we deleted in the Common Files Folder and re-register them.

When complete, try running SimplyPats again.

Upgrading to the current Version 7 Software will give you continued support and updates as well as Windows 8, 8.1 and Windows 10 compatibility http://www.simplypats.co.uk/shop_upgrade_step1.html

Regards Carl

PostPosted: Mon Oct 19, 2015 12:16 pm 

Thank you Carl. I tried that but no joy. It doesn't seem to put all the files back in Common Files. I looked on my old hard drive and there were far more files in the SimplyPats folder under common files. I copied them and put them on my new drive but that didn't work either. It was worth a try. Any more ideas?

Attachments:
sps.JPG
sps.JPG [ 18.31 KiB | Viewed 3340 times ]

PostPosted: Mon Oct 19, 2015 1:07 pm 
Site Admin

Hi chatts1969

You may be better off giving us a call so we can sort this out over the phone or remotely if needed.

When you re-installed did you Right Mouse Click on the install file and choose to Run As Administrator?

Regards Carl

PostPosted: Tue Oct 20, 2015 10:23 am 

Thank you Carl. I downloaded 6.1.1 and launched it in compatibility mode as an administrator and it ran on my Windows 10 laptop! Saves carrying around 2 laptops! Many thanks for your help.