SimplyPats User Forum

SimplyPats Portable Appliance Testing Software
It is currently Mon Oct 15, 2018 10:12 pm

All times are UTC [ DST ]

PostPosted: Fri Jan 24, 2014 12:20 pm 

Hi all,

I'm not sure if I am doing something wrong but I am wondering if there is an available option to print certain pages from a large list without deleting the non-required results from this list?

This is how I am using the software:
For each customer I have created a master list built up from the results of each visit to that customers sites, some customers have several sites at different addresses but these are all stored/merged into 1 file for that customer. This helps me maintain records of my visits and keep all their results in one location which helps with retest dates and comparing retest results with previous results. I'm not fully sure if this is the intended way of using this software, but at present I like the way I am doing this.

However, as I discovered the other day when a customer called me and required 4 certificates for 4 items to be sent offshore to be re-sent to them as they could not find the pack I sent them when the job was finished. I loaded their master file which contained over 800 item and had to delete 796 items to leave just the 4 required ones for printing (obviously not saving this list).

So I am wondering if there is a way of printing highlighted results only rather than deleting all the non required ones first?

A quick way would be to have a tick box in column 1 which means I could tick the required certs and then select "Print Selected Only", that is only a suggestion if there is not a method of performing this task already.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 24, 2014 1:59 pm 
Site Admin

Printing Selected Records From SimplyPats

Hi TDC

You can print just some selected items from SimplyPats by highlighting those records you want to print. When you then click on the Print button, SimplyPats will ask you whether you just want to print the selected records.

You can use any of the sort and or grouping functions in SimplyPats to organise the list of appliances so that you can find the records you want to print. (In the Help File this is explained in the help topic Sorting and Grouping).

By using the mouse and shift keys you can select a range of records. (In the Help File this is explained in the help topic Select Multiple Tests)

One thing that may help you when selecting a range of records is to turn on the Show Row Headers feature under the View Menu. This will show record selectors to the left of each appliance making the records easier to select.

Selecting a Range of Records

Attachment:
File comment: Selecting PAT Testing Records
selecting_some_records.jpg
selecting_some_records.jpg [ 38.24 KiB | Viewed 1997 times ]

When Clicking on the Print Button

Attachment:
File comment: Printing Just Selected PAT Test Records
print selected pat tests.jpg
print selected pat tests.jpg [ 15.93 KiB | Viewed 1997 times ]

Alternatively if you just wanted to print a particular site or location, you can of course select a site and or location from the Print Preview screen.

Hope my explanation isn't confusing and solves your issue. If not, you may want to give us a bell and we can explain further over the phone. We can also always dial in to your PC to show you some tips on selecting records and then printing those that you have selected.

Regards, Richard

PostPosted: Fri Jan 24, 2014 2:42 pm 

Thanks Richard for your reply,

I've tried this out and it works just fine with one exception; if I want to print just 1 record only, thus highlight only 1 result, after clicking print it then displays all result and not just that 1. Any ideas on this one...?

PostPosted: Fri Jan 24, 2014 5:15 pm 
Site Admin

Hi TDC

Yes printing selected tests only works when more than 1 test is selected, otherwise simplyPats just thinks you have the current appliance highlighted.

(I will try and have a think of a work round to let the printing know that you just want to print one appliance.)

However if you select just one appliance (or a selection), you can then go to the File Menu and Save Selected. This will save out as a new SimplyPats file those selected tests. This will allow you to save out 1 appliance. You can then load this file and print the single appliance.

Hope this helps.

Regards, Richard.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 31, 2014 12:47 pm 

Thanks Richard, that's a good work around for now, I was printing to PDF and then selecting "print current page" from the print menu.

Cheers for continued support..