SimplyPats User Forum

SimplyPats Portable Appliance Testing Software
It is currently Tue Oct 23, 2018 7:54 pm

All times are UTC [ DST ]

PostPosted: Fri May 31, 2013 3:00 am 

Hi,

Two quick ones regarding pathways / file locations.

1 - Reports
When I open SP and after selecting a file, I go to print (a report) and select save, the system goes to a default pathway.

If I keep SP open and do this with another record, the system remembers the pathway to where I last saved a report.

Is there a way to set the default pathway so that when a "save report" function is selected for first time after opening SP it goes to that rather than the current system default location? ie make it the same as the default data pathway set in system settings

2 - Merge two files
When the "import file" is selected, it goes to the default data pathway set in "system settings".

Can this be changed to, say, to pick up the path for the current file that is open and then if importing a second file, the same as the first imported file location.

The reason i ask is sometime we do multiple visits to a site over, say, consecutive days and may need to import / merge many files. The location for the files to be imported (in this occurrence) is the same each time but after importing the first file, we have to go through the whole palava again for the second file and third... etc.

:(

Thanks

PostPosted: Fri May 31, 2013 3:34 pm 
Site Admin

hi John

Quote:
Is there a way to set the default pathway so that when a "save report" function is selected for first time after opening SP it goes to that rather than the current system default location? ie make it the same as the default data pathway set in system settings

Is this where you are exporting one of your reports? e.g. saving it as a PDF?
If so, yes, it could prompt you to save the PDF in the same location as the default data folder.

Quote:
When the "import file" is selected, it goes to the default data pathway set in "system settings".

Can this be changed to, say, to pick up the path for the current file that is open and then if importing a second file, the same as the first imported file location.

yes this shouldn't be a problem, I will need to experiment and decide whether this option could / should be activated from a tick box in the System Settings screen.

Hopefully I can look at both of these modifications shortly, however we are trying to release Version 7 and that is distracting us a bit.

PostPosted: Fri May 31, 2013 4:28 pm 
Site Admin

Hi John

I have had a quick look at the first part of your questions and have added a new tick box on the System Settings screen.

If you tick this box, when you save (export) a printed report it will set the path to your current data path.

This feature will be in the next release of SimplyPats Version 6.1.0 due later this year. I will look at some of the other points you have raised and try and include them. You could then have an interim beta version.

Attachments:
File comment: Setting the Export Path of PAT testing Reports.
Export PAT Reports Data Path.jpg
Export PAT Reports Data Path.jpg [ 14.79 KiB | Viewed 2001 times ]

PostPosted: Mon Jun 17, 2013 1:59 am 

Thank you.

Does this mean when a user saves a second report, the screen will open to the default pathway again, not the last used pathway as present?

PostPosted: Mon Jun 17, 2013 12:02 pm 
Site Admin

Hi John

Quote:
Does this mean when a user saves a second report, the screen will open to the default pathway again, not the last used pathway as present?

If the tick box is activated then it will prompt you to save the second and subsequent reports to the default path. This feature is already in for 6.1.0 however we havent tested it thoroughly.

Regards, Richard.