SimplyPats User Forum

SimplyPats Portable Appliance Testing Software
It is currently Sun Oct 21, 2018 8:52 am

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post subject: RCD data
PostPosted: Fri May 31, 2013 2:48 am 

Hi,

When I record the results of testing an RCD, the system stores this and appears on reports ie trip time results.

However, if I go back into an individual record and click on RCD and microwave test, when I enter the screen the trip times that were previously stored have vanished and need to be re-entered. :shock:

How can I prevent this?

Also, is there a way to set a default for the system to "auto" for determining the P/F result rather than manually selecting it each time?

Post subject: Re: RCD data
PostPosted: Fri May 31, 2013 1:09 pm 
Site Admin

Hi John

Quote:
However, if I go back into an individual record and click on RCD and microwave test, when I enter the screen the trip times that were previously stored have vanished and need to be re-entered.

Yes, many apologies, this is something I have on my whiteboard to address. When The RCD and Microwave data entry was put in I never added the functionality to edit the previously entered results. I will address this ASAP so that it is in the next update.

Regards, Richard.

PostPosted: Fri May 31, 2013 9:14 pm 
Site Admin

Hi John,

Just being doing some work on the editing of RCD and / or Microwave results that have been previously entered.

I was a bit unfair on myself in the earlier post as it appears that I had written the code to allow the editing of these results, however I had deactivated the code. The reasoning behind me not activating the code was that RCD results could have been either entered manually from data from a separate RCD tester, or, the data could have been downloaded from a PAT tester equipped with the facility to test RCD's

I will reactivate the code, hopefully other users will understand the ability to edit the RCD test results is not inconflict with the main tests area where we don't allow editing of test data.

Regards, Richard.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 17, 2013 1:35 am 

Thank you

PostPosted: Mon Jun 17, 2013 2:23 am 

Richard,

Is it also possible to include an option to record a "push button" test with a simple pass/fail outcome?

This would need to be a manual entry against the appliance record.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 17, 2013 12:17 pm 
Site Admin

Hi John

Quote:
Is it also possible to include an option to record a "push button" test with a simple pass/fail outcome?

I will have a look at this - we currently dont have just a push button test, however I will check whether we can add an RCD with no test data, i.e. just the status?

We have alot of SimplyPats Manual Entry Version users with simple pass fail testers (i.e. that only show the pass or fail status and not any test results) and we have been making some amendments with SimplyPats 7 in light of this. Your suggestion with the RCD would fit into this.

Regards. Richard.