SimplyPats User Forum

SimplyPats Portable Appliance Testing Software
It is currently Sat May 26, 2018 10:26 pm

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post subject: Appliance Serial numbers
PostPosted: Sat Aug 11, 2012 9:21 pm 

Is there a report that includes appliance serial numbers as well as the appliance id. I have a customer who has requested this as part of their asset audit I would like to send them a excel file as well as the pdf results that includes their serial numbers.

A.H Electrical Services
Leicestershire

PostPosted: Sun Aug 12, 2012 11:12 am 
Site Admin

Hi John

Yes, I’m pretty sure I have included the appliance Serial Number on one of the PAT Reports for another SimplyPats user that requested it. I will have a look tomorrow and let you know which Report it was based on.

In the meantime, if you have a specific Report that you would prefer to show Appliance Serial Numbers on, let me know as I’m sure it can be added.

Regards Carl

PostPosted: Mon Aug 13, 2012 8:55 am 

Hi Carl
There is a Excel CSV report that has all the info needed but not the serial number field could this be included in the excel report.

A.H Electrical Services
Leicestershire

PostPosted: Mon Aug 13, 2012 12:22 pm 
Site Admin

Hi John

I have emailed you the two V2 Appliance Register PAT Reports which include the Appliance Serial number, one is the standard V2 Appliance Register while the other is the V2 Appliance Register grouped by Site / Location option.

I can see that the Appliance Serial Number is not present on the CSV Report and can look at including this if needed as I don’t know if you wanted this in addition to the Appliance register Reports with Serial Number or not?

The “Save As” CSV option from the File Menu (File > Save As > Select .CSV from the Save As Type dropdown menu) does export a CSV file that includes the Appliance Serial Number, this may offer another option if you are looking for a pure CSV formatted file.

The Appliance Serial Number column is “BE” in the CSV file generated from the Save As Menu.

Regards Carl

PostPosted: Mon Aug 13, 2012 5:23 pm 

Hi Carl
Thanks for the files just the job the V2 Appliance Register grouped by Site / Location exported to excel worked fine for the customer.

thanks for the swift solution :D

A.H Electrical Services
Leicestershire

PostPosted: Tue Aug 14, 2012 11:01 am 
Site Admin

Hi John

Thanks for letting me know that one of the Custom PAT Reports we supplied was suitable for your needs.

Where possible, we do try to sort out support issues and requests asap, obviously some things do take longer based on complexity or current workload so it’s not always possible to offer our “Drive through” support service.

Regards Carl