SimplyPats User Forum

SimplyPats Portable Appliance Testing Software
It is currently Wed May 23, 2018 9:49 pm

All times are UTC [ DST ]

PostPosted: Tue Jul 17, 2012 3:27 pm 
Site Admin

One of our users recently called to enquire about the possibility of providing them with a simplified and less “graphical” version of the Certificate of Portable Appliance Testing or Electrical Appliance Testing which it is sometimes referred to.

So, for those users that want something slightly different to the standard Certificates that have been provided with SimplyPats up to Version 6.0.6, we have added another choice which we are going to call V2 Certificate Plain (Example Image below).

This certificate will be included in the Version 6.0.7 update.

Attachment:
File comment: Certificate of Portable Appliance Testing / Electrical Safety Testing
PAT_Test_Certificate_V607.jpg
PAT_Test_Certificate_V607.jpg [ 69.11 KiB | Viewed 2460 times ]

PostPosted: Wed Jul 18, 2012 8:47 am 

Hi,
Thank you, really like the layout of the V2 plain certificate, and done within two days excellent service. Is it possible to add say NICEIC logo to this or ECA. These are not vital but just wondered if we could.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 18, 2012 1:44 pm 
Site Admin

Hi Dazzar

Thanks for your comments regarding the new take on the Certificate of Testing design.

Richard and Lorna were both discussing this a few days ago and I know they were looking at the possibility of adding the ability to add another logo of some form to the PAT Report(s). I will also look at the layout options available for this.

In the meantime, I can certainly give you a Custom PAT Report which can include any logos that you want to add, however they would be hard coded into the PAT Report meaning that you would not be able to change or remove it without contacting us.

If you like the idea of the custom report in the short term, maybe you could send me the logos that you would like to add and give me some idea of where you would like them placed on the Report?

We will update this thread with more details if we do add the feature you requested.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 18, 2012 6:48 pm 
Site Admin

Adding a Tradebody Logo to PAT Testing Reports

Yes, I think this is a great idea. As Carl says it would be easy enough to do a custom report for the new plain certificate which included the logos of the trade body (or bodies) you are a member of.

On some software I wrote 15 years ago we include the trade body logos at the bottom of each page in the footer.

Would be grateful if anyone has any suggestions as to where they would like them placed?

Regards, Richard.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 18, 2012 9:51 pm 

would it be posible to add the cert number other than going to settings every time as our certs numbers are linked to the invoice and job number on a separate database not generated by SP.

A.H Electrical Services
Leicestershire

PostPosted: Thu Jul 19, 2012 12:11 am 
Site Admin

Hi John

Yes.... however I would have to make a screen or button that prompts you for the number (which wouldnt be a problem)

We would have to work out at what point you wanted the facility to enter the number, or for it to automatically pop up with a box asking you for the cert number. Only problem I can see with the latter would it would still have to pop up if you were printing a sequence of reports in Simplypats...

Is the cert number you use in some other software so it could be linked automatically? Is it 3rd party software or a database you have written in house?

If so we could look at automating it, although this might be a bigger task.

Richard.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 19, 2012 8:12 pm 

i usually put it in the notes on the address popup for the site so perhaps a slot next to the order number if possible.

A.H Electrical Services
Leicestershire

PostPosted: Fri Jul 20, 2012 2:54 pm 
Site Admin

Hi John

There shouldn’t be a problem adding an extra field into the customer screen for you to add the certificate number in order to save you from having to access it through the settings menu.

However due to the current data structure of SimplyPats the certificate number will not be stored with the customer data so you will not be able to recall it when you re-load the customer info.

SimplyPats 7 will have a complete overhaul of the data structure and storing the certificate number with the customer data is definitely something that can be looked at.

Regards,
Lorna

PostPosted: Thu Aug 16, 2012 8:17 pm 

Hi all

After our chat today just thought i post a reminder in here about putting the site info option into the cert when the all sites box is unticked and a specific site is selected. we are using the v2 certifcate and it only shows the landlords details and nothing to associate the cert to the individual sites.

A.H Electrical Services
Leicestershire

PostPosted: Fri Aug 17, 2012 11:30 am 
Site Admin

Hi John

Yes this shouldn’t be a problem and we will have a look at implementing the option of showing the Site on the Certificates when you have chosen to print a Certificate for a single Site.

I think that other users may also find this useful and it’s another classic example of our users being pro-active in recommending features and improving the software overall.

Keep it up guys, we are listening.