SimplyPats User Forum

SimplyPats Portable Appliance Testing Software
It is currently Mon Oct 15, 2018 10:11 pm

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post subject: Ethos 9600 Tester
PostPosted: Wed Jul 11, 2012 9:40 pm 

I'm looking at picking up a spare, used tester and found an Ethos 9600 model which is described as, and
looks like a rebranded Primetest 300.

If it is as simple as that then I know SimplyPATS will work fine and I know no reason why it wouldn't but just
wondered if you had heard about the Ethos model?

Cheers

Steve

PostPosted: Thu Jul 12, 2012 11:09 am 
Site Admin

Hi Steve

Yes, the Ethos 9600 is a re-branded Seaward PrimeTest 300 which is distributed by MTI which I believe supply CEF (City Electrical Factors).

We do have a number of SimplyPats users downloading from these testers without any issues, just treat it the same as a PrimeTest 300 as far as SimplyPats is concerned and as always if you do have any questions or experience any issues, get in touch.

As with the PrimeTest 300, the Ethos 9600 can be a little picky with regards to communicating to certain BlueTooth devices, I think most people use an older model from Belkin, however I’m sure there is a more modern equivalent that works just as well.

Give me a shout if you get stuck with the BlueTooth side of it as they can be a real pain depending on hardware, drivers and Operating System used, however I have had a fair bit of experience getting these things to work. The fact that I’m not going bold is surprising ;)

Regards Carl

Post subject: Re: Ethos 9600 Tester
PostPosted: Fri Jul 13, 2012 8:40 am 

Thanks Carl,

I haven't tended to use the bluetooth with my primetest 350 so I'm not really concerned about that
function. Just want to be sure that my tester downloads straight to SimplyPats.

On the subject of my 350, if anyone reading this repairs them for a good price then please let me know! :)

Steve

Post subject: Re: Ethos 9600 Tester
PostPosted: Sun Jul 15, 2012 11:03 am 
Site Admin

Hi Steve

The Seaward PrimeTest 300 and thus the Ethos 9600 only support Bluetooth communication, there is no cable download option.

As for repairs, it’s not something we have had to do too often with our own PAT Testers as we generally only use them for development and testing of SimplyPats. I believe (but don’t quote me) that Seaward or some of their authorised repair centres charge a fixed fee per repair, you may want to ask.

Regards Carl