SimplyPats User Forum

SimplyPats Portable Appliance Testing Software
It is currently Thu Oct 23, 2014 8:55 pm

All times are UTC [ DST ]

PostPosted: Thu Sep 23, 2010 2:46 pm 
Site Admin

Certificate of PAT Testing

One of our users and forum members contacted us asking if we could make a few changes to the Certificate of Electrical Appliance Testing report available in SimplyPats Version 6.

He wanted his logo to appear larger than the software allowed, and also wanted colour changes to match his company colours as well as a few other minor changes.

The PAT Certificate shown below wasnt the final design, but gives an idea of what can be done by applying simple changes.

Custom Certificate of Electrical testing based on Users request.

The changes requested were based on the Free Certificate of PAT Testing report, this is available as a custom report in the SimplyPats Version 6 download section, shown below.

Original Free Certificate of Electrical testing available for download.

The changes were provided at minimal cost as we were provided with a clear example and print quality logo file digitally. To give an example, providing a custom Certificate Report like the one shown above would cost around £25.00.

Custom PAT Testing Reports / Templates

The PAT Testing Reports supplied as standard in SimplyPats Version 6 are generally suitable for most users, however sometimes you may want to stand out from the crowd and require something slightly different.

All of the standard PAT Testing Reports available in SimplyPats can be customised subject to requirements and limitations, options may include;

Removing or adding certain elements or information, headers etc.
    Colour changes or different fonts.
    Page orientation (landscape / portrait).
    Layout changes.

Please note that we only make changes to the latest version of SimplyPats or the Reports available in SimplyPats, Version 6 is the current version.

If you would like to have a custom PAT Testing Report designed or would like some more detailed information, please contact support.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 26, 2011 11:58 am 

Hi RSR,

Is it possible to move the whole printed area of a report over to the right a little bit more, on an A4 sheet of paper?

We use clipfolders to present our paperwork and the reports are sufficiently over to the left of the page to allow the appliance ID's to be obscured by the 'clippy' bit of the folder.

Thanks

Nick

PostPosted: Sat Feb 26, 2011 12:26 pm 

Hi Nick,

You may wish to try this.

Pull up a Client's results into SP, then go to print results then select print certificate provided you have entered the Client's details into the file.

The Certificate for your client will then appear in the format shown in the forum comments as shown above. Once it appears then export and save the file as a word file.

Then pull the file up in word to view. Once in word you should be able to manipulate the margins to suit your needs for printing. My suggestion would be to alter the top margin and then have the document fit to page with the new margins so that the certificate remains in landscape and the top is pushed down .

One possible quick solution for you.

Cheers

Glenfer

PostPosted: Mon Feb 28, 2011 10:27 am 
Site Admin

Hi Nick

Thanks Glenfer.

Also try adjusting the margins in SimplyPats under Settings then Print Settings.

If this doesn’t solve your problem please let me know.

Regards,
Lorna

PostPosted: Mon Feb 28, 2011 12:28 pm 
Site Admin

Hi Nick

All this talk of Original, Custom and V2 reports can get a little confusing :? , but I think I understand what you mean or want.

I presume you are referring to the actual Certificate, as pictured in a post above? If so then please see my comments at the bottom of this post referring to the V2 Certificate. I know this is a different design, but if you still wanted to use the alternate (current) Certificate a may be able to supply it as a V2 Custom Report, therefore making use of the fixed margins.

Try the new V2 Certificate to see if that gives you enough space for binding first, if so let me know if you prefer the original custom Certificate.

Lorna has mentioned changing the margin settings under the Print Setup screen, which will certainly move the reports around if using the original reports or custom reports based on the original reports, including the original Certificate and the Custom Certificate based on the Original Report :roll: .

The margin settings for the original Pat Reports and the V2 PAT Reports are slightly different, this is because the V2 PAT Reports introduced in SimplyPats V6.0.3 are slightly thinner and therefore a better choice if binding the Reports.

I thought I would include what I think are ideal settings for both sets of reports if binding.

Original PAT Reports

Top 10
Left 12
Bottom 10

V2 PAT Reports (will not change V2 Certificate Margins, see below)

Top 10
Left 20 or 23
Bottom 10

Thanks for the Word tip Glenfer, that will also work but shouldn’t really be necessary if using the V2 reports, saying that the export feature can be handy in certain circumstances and certainly worth pointing out.

I thought I would also mention that the new V2 Certificate (actual V2 Certificate as I know some people refer to all the reports as a Certificate) now prints dead centre of an A4 sheet, as the margins have been hard coded into this report. The margin settings on the Print Settings screen now have no effect on the V2 Certificate Report.

I don’t know if I have confused myself with the above or even if it makes any sense, please let me know.

Carl

PostPosted: Fri Mar 04, 2011 2:57 pm 

Hello RSR,

Many thanks for your speedy reply. With the help you have returned my paperwork looks even better than it did before.

Keep up the good work.

Nick