It is currently Tue Oct 23, 2018 9:01 am

All times are UTC [ DST ]

PostPosted: Thu Apr 01, 2010 10:00 am 

In the FAQ's One of the questions is;
Quote:
Can SimplyPats upload to the OmegaPAT?
With the reply
Quote:
Currently No. This is a restriction of the PAT Test machine, however there is a possibility Metrel may add this feature in the future."

We have a "Metrel OmegaPAT Plus MI 3305". This model supports both upload and download using Metrels PATLInk Pro Software, are we any nearer to being able to use SimplyPats Version 6 with this feature?
:?: :?: :?:

PostPosted: Thu Apr 01, 2010 3:46 pm 
Site Admin

Hi Beachboys,

Unfortunately we are still unable to upload to the Metrel OmegaPAT Plus MI 3305. Obviously Metrel would rather you use their software as opposed to ours, and as we are in competition they understandably don't provide us with any technical information on how to upload back to their pat tester.

We have had a look in the past to see if this would be possible but when we got stuck put it on the back burner. I will put it on our list to have another go.

Just as a point of interest, In SimplyPats Version 6 if you use the Import and Update facility this removes alot of the need for uploading back to a PAT tester as SimplyPats will already know alot fo the asset information if you are retesting a particular customer site (or your own site if you are in house testing).

The only thing omitted from uploading will be the testcode for the appliance.

Please have a look at this forum topic about the Import and Update feature.

viewtopic.php?f=10&t=164

As soon as I get 5 minutes I will have a look at the upload again and post any progress on here.

Regards, Richard

PostPosted: Thu Apr 01, 2010 9:08 pm 

Hi Beachboys,

I have no commercial interest in the following statement.

Metrotest in New Zealand are the Distributers of the Metrel machines for NZ and Australia. The market mainly the AlphaPat but I know they are involved with the machine you have as it was my initial intention to acquire such a machine. Availability at the time of starting my business was a problem. All the machines they sell are sold with Simply Pats software.

Try them, initially at www.metrotest.com or help@metrotest.com. They may be able to help.

Cheers

Glenfer

PostPosted: Tue Feb 21, 2012 5:42 pm 
Site Admin

Just as an update to this thread.

I have finally made some progress on the uploading of data back to the Metrel BetaPat Plus MI3304, OmegaPat Plus MI3305 and the newer SigmaPat MI3310 from SimplyPats Version 6

Follow the link below for more information.

viewtopic.php?f=18&t=609

Regards, Richard.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 01, 2013 1:48 pm 

Hello Richard (been a while). Thank you for all of your posts and advice on this. We are in the process of seeking approval (from our IT Admin)for our package to be upgraded to V6.0.0.8,
which includes this feature so I believe. Thanks again.
8)

PostPosted: Fri Mar 01, 2013 3:43 pm 
Site Admin

Hi Beachboys

Yes, the SimplyPats Version 6.0.8 update does add support for the upload of data from SimplyPats back to the Metrel BetaPat Plus MI3304, Metrel OmegaPat MI3305 and Metrel SigmaPat MI3310.

Note for users running the Australian / New Zealand version of Firmware - Upload is not yet supported in SimplyPats Version 6 for the PAT testers listed above, we are in the process of including the upload capability for AU / NZ specific Firmware in SimplyPats Version 7

You can download the latest update here http://www.simplypats.net/phpBB3/viewforum.php?f=52

You may also want to have a look at the following forum thread which goes into a little more detail of what to expect and the way in which these PAT Testers use uploaded data from SimplyPats

http://www.simplypats.net/phpBB3/viewto ... f=18&t=609

Regards Carl