SimplyPats User Forum

SimplyPats Portable Appliance Testing Software
It is currently Fri Aug 17, 2018 6:37 pm

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post subject: PAT Testing Labels
PostPosted: Tue Jun 22, 2010 9:58 pm 

Hi Alistair from http://www.patlabel.co.uk PAT Testing Labels here,

Thought I would add a little note to make forum users aware that simply pats now includes templates of out PAT Testing labels. This allows you (with a little guidance from us) to over-print your PAT labels thus eliminating any wrinting.
The cost per label is equivalent to approx 1p., a much cheaper and faster solution to handwriting labels. Please have a look at our website http://www.patlabel.co.uk , the following two links are links to our most popular labels, the first link is also available in matt paper, so this is a great option for Injet printers. So if you are serious about PAT Testing and you would like to make life a lot easier then this is most certainly the way forward.

Link to PAT Test Labels- http://www.patlabel.co.uk/1000-personal ... -p-77.html
Link to Plug Top Labels- http://www.patlabel.co.uk/1500-pers-plu ... -p-83.html

If you require further info you can contact AOK PAT Testing labels on 0131-468-1597.

Finally, I would like to thank simplypats for the great work they have done on this program.

Alistair

Last edited by admin on Tue Jun 22, 2010 10:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Moved this post from the SimplyPats Version 5 area, as it is a feature only found in SimplyPats Version 6

Post subject: Re: PAT Testing Labels
PostPosted: Tue Jun 22, 2010 11:29 pm 
Site Admin

Hi Alistair, thank you for your post.

I have moved your original post from the SimplyPats Version 5 forum area and put it here, as SimplyPats Version 5 does not support this feature. It has been introduced in SimplyPats Version 6.0.1

It may be worth pointing out that SimplyPats Version 6 does not ship with the PAT Label templates, these will need to be installed seperately. Users wishing to use this feature will need to contact us to obtain the templates and necessary files.

Also, the Print PAT Labels feature only over-prints information onto pre-designed stock PAT Testing Labels. Appliance Information such as Appliance Id, Appliance Id in Barcode format, Test Date, Retest Date, Engineer Initials can be printed if supported by the PAT Testing Labels and the template you are using.

Not all PAT labels are supported, this is a new feature and we have chosen to support just a few labels where the label supplier has shown interest and has given us labels to design the template.

If there are any other PAT Testing Label manufacturers or re-sellers out there that would like us to add their templates, please contact us and we will certainly look at including them.

Regards Carl

PostPosted: Thu Dec 02, 2010 6:37 pm 

Hi Carl

How do we get the PAT label templates?

PostPosted: Thu Dec 02, 2010 6:45 pm 
Site Admin

Hi Barkelectrical

What labels are you planning to use? We have some for the AOK PAT Testing labels (3 of their main varieties) and some for blank stock being printed via a zebra printer or the label station pro printer. We havent made the templates available on the forum yet as we were waiting to see which ones were most requested.

I'm not sure if I have the templates here as Im at back home from work, however if not I can ask Carl to email you them tommorow. If you are planning to use blank labels that we havent seen yet then we will need to make up templates for those.

Regards, Richard.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 03, 2010 1:16 pm 
Site Admin

Hi barkelectrical

I have just emailed the PAT Label Templates to you with instructions on how to install the actual templates themselves, as mentioned you will still need to purchase stock of the PAT Labels you want to use. These are available on sheets of A4 or Rolls, the A4 sheets will go through most Ink Jet or Laser printers (however please check with the Label supplier first), while using the rolls will require a dedicated label printer. Obviously most people already own an A4 printer of some form, so printing PAT Labels on A4 sheets is convenient and probably offers good value for money, but as we don’t print labels i can not comment on the longer term costs of using A4 Labels or investing in a dedicated Label Printer and using the PAT Labels supplied on Rolls.

We have found that certain Zebra printers and the Label Station Pro range are an ideal and fairly cost effective solution.

Any questions, please give me a call.

Carl

PostPosted: Thu Aug 25, 2011 11:28 am 

Hi,

I'm using the same labels as shown:
http://www.patlabel.co.uk/1000-personal ... -p-77.html
They are printed onto 35 stickers are on a A4 sheet.

Can Simply PATs overprint this label stock? If so how do I do it?

Thanks

Carl

PostPosted: Thu Aug 25, 2011 12:06 pm 
Site Admin

Hi Carl

Thank you for the enquiry regarding the printing of PAT Labels using SimplyPats.

We do not ship the Label Templates with the main software, but can certainly send them out on request, which is what I have done here. I have just sent you an email with the PAT Test Label Templates attached along with installation instructions.

As mentioned in the email, I would recommend doing a trial run and print a few pages of PAT Labels onto plain A4 paper, you can then overlay the paper onto one of the A4 Label sheets, hold both up to a window and check that everything will print where intended.

You can access the PAT Label feature from the Tools > Print PAT Labels option on the File Menu. The option to print PAT Test Labels from scratch or from existing appliances is supported.

If you are printing from scratch you can go straight into the Print PAT Labels screen and select the Label Template from the drop down menu before entering a start number, quantity, Test Date and your initials etc.

If you want to print PAT Labels for existing Appliances, simply load the Data File that contains the appliances that you want to print the PAT Labels for, select the Appliances from the main screen (use the left mouse button together with Shift or Ctrl keys). Now when you go to the Print PAT Labels screen you will see that SimplyPats has already entered the Appliance Id and Bar Code together with any other information supported on that Label Template, you can of course choose to edit some of this information and update the labels before printing.

Please see the Help File link on the Print PAT Labels screen for more information.

Regards Carl

PostPosted: Sat Aug 27, 2011 6:30 pm 

Hi
I am definately going to get a batch of partially filled out labels to try out, I sit for hours sometimes filling out labels for site visits and dont get my name and phone number on the labels. I dont think I will need a template but you never know, I will be in touch if I do but am greatful for the link to a label supplier that will supply labels cheaper than i am paying my local electrical wholesaler

Rick Hill

PostPosted: Mon Aug 29, 2011 10:21 pm 
Site Admin

Hi Rick

Thank you for your comments regarding PAT Testing Labels, if you would like to look at the templates which are not included with the SimplyPats software out of the box, then please contact support, we can send them to you via email.

Just to reiterate to other forum members and SImplyPats users, the PAT Testing Label Templates are for use with Pre-designed label stock and do not print out the whole PAT Label. SimplyPats will only over-print information such as the Appliance Id together with bar code if room exists, Test Date, Retest Date, User or Engineer initials together with company name are other options available, depending on the label used.

You will need to purchase blank PAT Testing Label stock from a supplier that sells the supported Templates and also have a compatible printer if using the labels supplied on rolls. Some of the templates are designed to work with PAT Labels supplied on A4 sheets which can of course be printed by supported Ink Jet or Laser Printers.

If any PAT Label manufacturer of distributor would like their Labels supported in SimplyPats, please get in touch with us.

Carl

PostPosted: Fri Nov 23, 2012 4:02 pm 

Hi folks,
Started digesting the new CoP and found in bold text "The date for re-testing should not be marked on the label"
Had a reply from Alistair @ AOK labels and he's in the process of sorting out new labels.
Reckons it will be a couple of weeks.
Might need a new template for SP :roll:

PostPosted: Fri Nov 23, 2012 4:17 pm 
Site Admin

Hi Rich

Thanks for letting us know.

We will create new templates as soon as we get some of the new labels.

Regards,
Lorna

PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2013 10:33 am 

Hi all,

I may have missed it, but have any new templates been produced for the new labels?

http://www.patlabel.co.uk/4th-edition-p ... -c-29.html

PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2013 11:19 am 
Site Admin

Hello

We do not have any templates for the new 4th Edition labels as yet but samples are on their way to us and we will get back to you once the templates are available.

Regards,
Lorna

PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2013 11:22 am 

cool many thanbs indeed

PostPosted: Fri Feb 15, 2013 3:09 pm 
Site Admin

I have now started looking at designing PAT Label Templates for the new Labels and have completed and tested the smaller Plug Top Labels (see image below). these particular labels are 37mm x 25mm with 49 labels available per A4 sheet. I believe the label codes are;

PC06B (Green Pass label)
PC07B (Blue Pass Label)

Attachment:
File comment: PAT Plug Top Labels
AOK-Plug-Top-PAT-Labels.jpg
AOK-Plug-Top-PAT-Labels.jpg [ 129.22 KiB | Viewed 5591 times ]

Apologies for the print quality, our laser printer black cartridge seems to be running on empty!

Obviously these are very similar to the existing Plug Top PAT Labels with the only difference being the removal of the Retest Date, to make this obvious the name of the PAT Label Template in the drop down menu on Print PAT Label screen and the image will include the words “4th Edition”

Attachment:
File comment: PAT Plug Top label
4th EDITION AOK Pass Plug Top Labels (37mm by 25mm) 49 to A4 Sheet.jpg
4th EDITION AOK Pass Plug Top Labels (37mm by 25mm) 49 to A4 Sheet.jpg [ 41.18 KiB | Viewed 5591 times ]