SimplyPats User Forum

SimplyPats Portable Appliance Testing Software
It is currently Thu Nov 15, 2018 9:51 pm

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post subject: Can't Change My Details
PostPosted: Tue Jul 19, 2016 9:20 pm 

Hi, I have just changed address and need to update the contact information on printed documents.

When i chick on your settings to change my details Simplypats freezes so i cannot get in to make the changes.

Anybody else had the same problem an managed to sort it?

PostPosted: Tue Jul 19, 2016 10:40 pm 
Site Admin

Hi mushyp

Are you running SimplyPats version 6? Which windows operating system are you running?

Obviously shouldn't freeze however this might be due to an invalid logo file. If you contact our support line we can guide you through reinstalling the software which should cure any issues.

However if you are in a rush tonight to get documents out.

First make sure SimplyPats is not running, then search for the file SimplyPats.ini which is in c:\Program Files (x86)\SimplyPats 6 you can double click on this file and edit it in notepad. You will see the old address lines in there which you can modify. Save the changes and re start SimplyPats and try printing the reports.

Regards, Richard.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 20, 2016 10:48 am 
Site Admin

Hi mushyp

After speaking with you on the phone this morning you mentioned that your PC upgraded from Windows 7 to Windows 10, I expect this is most certainly the cause of the issue you reported.

We no longer offer technical support or updates for SimplyPats Version 6, this therefore means that there will possibly be issues running it on the latest Operating Systems.

You mentioned that Richards work around meant that you were able to change the details needed which was good to hear, however the underlying problem with it crashing will still persist when you try to access certain screens to update details or change settings. For this reason I recommended that you consider the upgrade to SimplyPats Version 7 and sent you an email relating to that.

Upgrading to the latest SimplyPats Version will also give you access to the latest updates, compatibility with the latest Operating Systems (currently Windows 10) and continued free technical support.

We also release regular updates with may contain code to deal with possible Firmware updates applied to your PAT tester as well as new Features and of course bug fixes, these updates are available free to everyone running the latest supported version of SimplyPats.

Carl