SimplyPats User Forum

SimplyPats Portable Appliance Testing Software
It is currently Tue Jul 17, 2018 8:16 pm

All times are UTC [ DST ]

PostPosted: Wed Oct 19, 2011 1:42 pm 
Site Admin

Support for SimplyPats Version 5 ending May 2012

Support for SimplyPats Version 5, SimplyPats Version 5 Manual Edition and Martindale MPAT Suite (based on SimplyPats Version 5) ended on 31st May 2012.

We recommend that all SimplyPats Version 5 users upgrade to the latest version at the earliest opportunity http://www.simplypats.co.uk/shop_upgrade_step1.html

Martindale MPAT Suite users should contact support for further upgrade information.

It may also be worth mentioning that SimplyPats Version 5 is not supported under Windows 7 or Windows 8, you are advised to upgrade to Version 6 if you require Windows 7 compatibility as well as support for the latest PAT Testers. If you require Windows 8 compatibility, please read the latest release notes here viewforum.php?f=59

Regards SimplyPats Support

PostPosted: Fri May 18, 2012 11:32 am 
Site Admin

Just another reminder that official support for SimplyPats Version 5 will end on 31st May 2012.

We would recommend that all SimplyPats Version 5 users (including users of older software) consider upgrading to Version 6 to ensure up to date compatibility with their PAT Tester and continuation of technical support and updates.

Reasons to Upgrade to SimplyPats Version 6

Support for MS Windows 7 operating system (inc XP, Vista).

Windows 8 users, please see the SimplyPats Version 7 Forum area here
viewforum.php?f=58

New features, functionality and an additional suite of re-designed PAT Reports.
Continued program updates (for Version 6).
Continued Support (for Version 6).
Support for a number of additional PAT Testers, please see viewtopic.php?f=43&t=385 for a full list.

How can I purchase my upgrade to version 6?

You can purchase your SimplyPats V6 upgrade via our website http://www.simplypats.co.uk/shop_upgrade_step1.html or by phone by calling 01326 378268 (10am > 4pm Monday to Friday)

Do I need my original CD or program installed to use the upgrade?

No, you do not need your original CD or an older version of SimplyPats installed on the current PC in order to install and use the upgrade. The software we send out is a complete stand alone install.

How is my upgrade delivered?

SimplyPats Version 6 upgrades are delivered digitally to your email address unless agreed otherwise. We would recommend that you download and save the install file to a CD or backup device for future use, however digital downloads are available at any time via email.

Anything else I need to consider?

Yes, if it’s a new PC or you are upgrading from an older operating system to Windows 7, you may want to check that the PC has a Serial Port if you are using this method to download data from your PAT Tester.

If you rely on a Serial Port connection to connect your PAT tester to your PC and there are no physical Serial Ports (RS232 9 pin D-Sub) on the PC, you will need to use a compatible USB to Serial Converter which can also be purchased along with the upgrade. We guarantee that the USB to Serial Converters we supply will work on Windows XP, Vista and Windows 7 PCs running standard hardware. We cannot offer support with download issues where USB to Serial Converters have been purchased elsewhere.

For more information regarding USB to Serial Converters for use with your PAT tester and SimplyPats PAT Testing Software, please look at the following forum post viewtopic.php?f=43&t=476

If you are ordering your Upgrade online, USB to Serial Converters can be purchased at the same time from the cable section http://www.simplypats.co.uk/shop_cables.html

Please also note that in most cases a compatible Serial Data Cable is required in addition to the USB to Serial Converter. Serial Cables may be specific to your PAT Tester or manufacturer, so you need to make sure that you have correct Serial Data cable for the PAT Tester that you are using.

Are alternate methods of downloading data from my PAT Tester supported?

Your tester may be capable of downloading PAT data using Bluetooth, USB Cable, USB Memory Stick or Flash Drive. We will try to support as many download options as possible if they are in addition to standard Cable Download. If the PAT Tester only has support for Bluetooth or USB Memory Stick data transfer then this will be supported.