SimplyPats User Forum

SimplyPats Portable Appliance Testing Software
It is currently Sat Dec 15, 2018 11:34 am

All times are UTC [ DST ]

PostPosted: Thu Mar 13, 2008 3:55 pm 
Site Admin

This Feature has been added to SimplyPats Version 5.2.5

A number of Users have told us that they would like to be reminded of up-and-coming Retests automatically, some suggested a pop-up that displays Retest Information when they start their PC.

SimplyPats Version 5 already has a feature called Retests Calendar, while this will display all Retest Dates for the coming Week, Month or Year, there is currently no way of automatically notifying the User of Retests using this feature, meaning that Users have to manually check at regular intervals.

We wanted to add something to take this burden off the User, so investigated a few ideas, weighing up the pros and cons of each and decided to use Microsoft Outlook (not to be confused with Outlook Express) as the tool for the job, as many Business Users already have Microsoft Office or Outlook installed on their PC. For Users not familier with Microsoft Outlook, we suggest you look at the Microsoft Website.

At this point, I must mention that this is currently in Testing, but we hope to make it available in a BETA release shortly.

If development goes as intended, we plan to include this in one of our scheduled Public Updates, sometime in April/May. This will be included as a feature within the main SimplyPats Version 5 program, in other words, it’s a FREE addition.

We would really like to get some feedback on this feature. Will this feature be of use to you? Is there anything you would like to see included?

In the Screen Shot below, you will see that SimplyPats has a new Icon, Add Appointment.

For this to work properly, we will need the following information available in the current PAT File, Customer Details and Retest Date/Period.

The Add Outlook Appointment Screen gives you an overview of Retest Information for the current loaded PAT File. The Retest Date, Retest Frequency and Number of Tests Due for a particular date are shown in the right area. A Tick shows that the Appointment has been added to Outlook, whereas a Cross means that the Appointment has not yet been added.

The left area has a Date Picker that allows you to display existing Appointments on a particular day.

Click the Add button and the Appointment will be added to your Outlook Calendar.

Below, is a screen shot of the Appointment as shown in Outlook.

As you can see, it’s a big job, so I’m setting aside a good few hours.

Obviously you will probably be adding a reminder months in advance, so entering an exact Start and End time may not be possible. The main purpose of this feature is to save the details to Outlook as a reminder, so you may just want to set a half hour time period.

At this present time, you can only set a reminder up to two days in advance, this is due to compatibility issues with different versions of Outlook, if we find a work around for this we will try to increase this, however don’t forget, that once the Appointment has been sent to Outlook, you are free to change the Reminder Period from within Outlook itself.

Further adjustments to the Appointment can be done from Outlook at any time, (see screen shot below). Say for instance, you have a reminder set one month in advance, giving you plenty of time to contact your customer to arrange a specific time to carry out the testing, once you know the exact time, you can enter a more accurate Start and End time into Outlook, and maybe reset the reminder for a few days or hours in advance.

The above Screen Shot shows the Appointment Details in Outlook, from here you can fine tune or add additional information.

Outlook will now remind you of up-and-coming Appointments in the form of a Pop-up window.

Your Appointments can by synchronised to your Mobile Device, PDA or Mobile Phone providing it has support for Outlook, meaning your Retest schedule is always with you.

Depending on the level of support your Mobile Device has, and whether it’s a Mobile Phone, it would be quite possible to click on the Company Phone Number as shown in the Appointments screen, and call them from there, this is just one example of how this feature may help you organise your workload.

If you have an idea or request of your own for other features, please create a new Topic in the Features and Ideas Discussion area, available from the Main Forum Index.

If you don’t have a Forum Account, sign up now.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 03, 2009 3:16 pm 

One month ago to me came my aunt and told about her problem.She had lost all mails.But I had tool which could help to her.This tool helped me many times-outlook express mail recovery tools.It has free status as far as I know,besides that program can also protect your mailbox in dbx format against corruptions.