SimplyPats User Forum

SimplyPats Portable Appliance Testing Software
It is currently Tue Sep 18, 2018 10:18 pm

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post subject: Pocket Simplypats
PostPosted: Fri Mar 12, 2010 3:48 pm 

Hi Richard,

I just have a couple of questions about the Pocket SimplyPATs that I have been testing, would it be possible to add a fuse rating? Also, with the appliance Id number, is it supposed to automatically increase with each test as this doesn't seem to be working?

Rgd's

Terry

Post subject: Re: Pocket Simplypats
PostPosted: Fri Mar 12, 2010 4:07 pm 
Site Admin

Hi Terry, thanks for the post.

The pocket PC Version of SimplyPats has had very little extra development done to it in the past couple of years. It took a huge number of hours to develop and unfortunately we have not sold mnay copies. The data format saved from the Pocket PC version is a SimplyPats Version 5 format (this being loadable into SimplyPats 6 of course) . However there is no space in SimplyPats 5 to store the fuse rating. It would be possible to add the fuse rating although this would inolve quite a considerable amount of work.

Regarding the increment of the Appliance Id, yes I suspect this doesnt automatically do it, again the sales of the Pocket PC software were mainly to larger companies that wished their engineers to download in the field and send their data back to head office. However the code need to make the Appliance Id's automatically increment isn't too complex and I should be able to add that relatively easily should you need it. This is easy where all you appliance id's are numeric e.g. 568 or 0000568, however it becomes very complex if the appliance ids are alpha numeric e.g. ABC00000568 as the computer is not good at identifying numbers and letters as a number. Hope this all makes sense!

Regards, Richard

PostPosted: Sun Mar 14, 2010 10:13 am 

Hi Richard,

Thanks for the reply, yes this all makes sense. Just another question, I currently have the full v6, would the v6 manual edition be able to open any report saved using the pocket simplypats?

Rgd's

Terry

PostPosted: Mon Mar 15, 2010 1:18 pm 
Site Admin

Hi Terry

Yes - Im pretty sure the manual edition will be able to open the V5 type file from the pocket version. On your previous question, once the dust has settled on our roll out of Version 6 ( we still have a way to go as you can tell by how out of date the information is on our main web site!) I will have a look at bringing the Ppocket Version into line with Version 6. I.E. To include fuse rating etc and also have a look at the auto increment of the Appliance Id.

Please let me know how you get on in the meantime with the pocket version.

Regards, Richard.